Games you'd like to see features on , but probably won't

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mr. Pointless

Post by Mr. Pointless » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:04 pm

Were the Lotus games covered, or was that just the Developer Lookback on *struggles to remember*... Oh buggerit, I know it was either Gremlin or Magnetic Fields. :|

Anyways, did those games get a feature on their own. All my RGs are buried somewhere at the mo. :oops:
Amiga: "Insert Disk 7"
User: "When I work out how to magically pull that out of my **** I will, because it's not in the box."

Xbox 360: Mr Pointless | PSN: Mr_Pointless | Steam: Mr Pointless

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:08 pm

Mr. Pointless wrote:Were the Lotus games covered, or was that just the Developer Lookback on *struggles to remember*... Oh buggerit, I know it was either Gremlin or Magnetic Fields. :|

Anyways, did those games get a feature on their own. All my RGs are buried somewhere at the mo. :oops:
Same here - we could really do with an index or cataloguing of the games /systems featured in the mags
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:26 pm

Holywood Mogul
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Kickboxingshrimp

Post by Kickboxingshrimp » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:41 pm

quest for the golden egg cup on the amstrad :)
Stay Tuna`d

www.kickboxingshrimp.com

Xbox Live Account : KBS Dot Com

bolda

Post by bolda » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:11 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
Mr. Pointless wrote:Were the Lotus games covered, or was that just the Developer Lookback on *struggles to remember*... Oh buggerit, I know it was either Gremlin or Magnetic Fields. :|

Same here - we could really do with an index or cataloguing of the games /systems featured in the mags
As if by magic... http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4963 I'm sure if a few willing volunteers were able to dedicate half an hour to cataloging a single issue each, it wouldn't take too much individual effort to create a thread with an index of the content of the entire back-catalogue... I'm happy to do a couple of issues to get the ball rolling (I'd have to start at issue 2 as I don't have the illusive issue 1!) although it might be worth agreeing a standard format for documenting each issue... something to think about at least.

As for the topic of this thread, I'd love to see a making Millenium 2.2 and its sequel, Deuteros:The Next Millenium - 2 very atmospheric and absorbing strategy/God games on the ST and Amiga. Sadly, I don't think either game was popular enough to warrant an article in RG. Both games were the work of Ian Bird... ah, the days when a single programmer could craft a game exactly how they envisioned it to be. :D
GAME OVER YEEEAAAHHH!
ImageImageImage

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:26 pm

Well, if you're interested in Lotus, look at my sig ;)
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

russgalleywood

Post by russgalleywood » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:31 pm

I have mentioned it before to be honest but 'Rex' by Martech Games in late 80's. Last Speccy game I bought and one of the few I still play quite regularly.

A forgotten and largely ignored gem!
'What's a Ftoomch?'

voodoofish

Post by voodoofish » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:58 am

Kickboxingshrimp wrote:quest for the golden egg cup on the amstrad :)
A truly great and bewildering game.... should do quest for the golden joystick... so full of in jokes it is virutally indecipherable today outside of retro gamer readers!!
This is my website http://www.adammaxwell.com so there.

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:59 am

A feature on Amy Winehouse for the X360........
Last edited by Randall Flagg on Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

golgo13

Post by golgo13 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:32 am

A feature on the evolution of light gun games in the arcades would be good.
Crown the wise, harness the talented and cherish the lucky.

Manic_Whiner

Post by Manic_Whiner » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:01 am

I want to see a feature on Pac-Man.

I want the 'myth' about the pizza-slice inspiration thing either refuted or officially confirmed from the mouth of the programmer/designer.

Mic82

Post by Mic82 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:05 am

Would love to see something on silk worm

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:18 am

golgo13 wrote:A feature on the evolution of light gun games in the arcades would be good.

And how they adapted the games for home console usage.exactly why I put something like that in the other section of the forum. Reckon John could've done an interesting article on light gun games around the world, what was accepted in some places, totally banned in others. Does anything placed in that part of the forum ever end up in the mag?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

daverage

Post by daverage » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:50 am

The one where you and a mate go round a maze type map shooting each other in tanks

The best 2 player game ever!

Or what about Budokan The Martial Spirit
http://www.bionictoad.com/budokan/

Or even CJ's elephant Antics! :)
Andrzej 'daverage' Marczewski
http://www.yetanotherreviewsite.co.uk
Games reviews written by gamers for gamers

yethboth

Post by yethboth » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:02 pm

Bruce Lee on the Speccy.