Retro Gamer - Issue 126

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Greyfox

Re: Retro Gamer - Issue 126

Post by Greyfox » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:13 am

nakamura wrote:He did this as The Vulture and Lost Dragon on here and Rogue Trooper on your own site Greyfox. :roll:
Rogue trooper over at RVG not here.. :roll: doesn't count here I'm afraid...you need to re-word your statement to twice here under "two" Different User names at Retro Gamer forums.

what's the point here? he's now left..move on :)
↓↓Click Link to See More
[url=http://www.greyfoxbooks.com[/url]

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:17 am

I think the point he's implying is that he'll be back, because he's done it several times before.
As you said though: Move on

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 am

*sigh* I thought the Knight's Lore article was bad...I've just got to the Strider one. Making jokes about how often the running down the mountain stage has been mentioned does not make it ok. Also, I see "insanely" is used three times in as many paragraphs. I don't want to come over all literary critic, but that's just poor. Crack open a thesaurus once in a while for christ sakes.

So far this issue has left a really bad taste in my mouth. It is taking me an age to get through, simply because it all feels like reheated leftovers.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:25 am

Sorry you feel that way. There's a huge amount of exclusive interview content, so it's not exactly reheated. Still if you don't like it you don't like it, plenty of people did.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Greyfox wrote:
nakamura wrote:He did this as The Vulture and Lost Dragon on here and Rogue Trooper on your own site Greyfox. :roll:
Rogue trooper over at RVG not here.. :roll: doesn't count here I'm afraid...you need to re-word your statement to twice here under "two" Different User names at Retro Gamer forums.

It does count. Regardless of the location, the behavior is exactly the same. It would be like Luis Suarez moving to another club and stating he is no longer a diving git because he hasn't done it at this club.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Continue with healthy feedback by all means, but as was stated earlier in the thread, I will be deleting the posts that have nothing to do with this
this thread, good grief! somebody is in for a busy night, and the editor too joining in with the non feedback :lol:

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Im replying to him. Stop being a windup merchant halcyondaze.

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:19 pm

The Amstrad Games Time Forgot was a nice surprise & enjoyable, although too many of the screenshots were covered over by the sand graphic. Similar for the Top 25 Game Boy Games where a red circle for reader quotes obscured a few shots. The worst being the Super Mario Land screenshot.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 am

Eric wrote:The Amstrad Games Time Forgot was a nice surprise & enjoyable, although too many of the screenshots were covered over by the sand graphic. Similar for the Top 25 Game Boy Games where a red circle for reader quotes obscured a few shots. The worst being the Super Mario Land screenshot.
Yeah we'll look into that going forward. It makes sense that you see as much of the rare games as you can.

ivarf

Post by ivarf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 pm

theantmeister wrote:*
So far this issue has left a really bad taste in my mouth. It is taking me an age to get through, simply because it all feels like reheated leftovers.
I guess you can't please everyone. For me as an lover of 8-bits and UK gaming in the 80s, this is one of the best issues in a very long time

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:23 pm

nakamura wrote:
Greyfox wrote:

It does count. Regardless of the location, the behavior is exactly the same. It would be like Luis Suarez moving to another club and stating he is no longer a diving git because he hasn't done it at this club.
See this is what I don't get, this is the second time you have had a dig at other forum members in this thread without anything being said.There's no point in mods giving speeches, warnings etc about x y and z if certain forum members are allowed to flout the rules.

Eat your nans pants

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm

How is stating the truth having a dig?
Anyway I think this thread has run its course. I look forward to the derailment of 127.