It's here!

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

FishyFish

It's here!

Post by FishyFish » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:44 am

Issue 19 dropped through my letter box 10 minutes ago!

Looks absolutely fantastic. I loved the old RG, but this looks soooo polished in comparison.

I have to work, so I can't look at it properly yet, but it's a beautiful piece of work. Well done you folks!

Szczepaniak

Post by Szczepaniak » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:16 am

Is this part of the "three free issues" deal? Hopefully the issues destined for Europe will arrive soon. :)

FishyFish

Re:

Post by FishyFish » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:11 am

Szczepaniak wrote:Is this part of the "three free issues" deal? Hopefully the issues destined for Europe will arrive soon. :)
Yep.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:24 pm

Fantastic!

I was expecting issue 19 to be a breath of fresh air - but this issue is just brilliant!
Well done guys - I'm even reading the spectrum bit! :o

Like the Zzap!64 feel also!

One annoying thing though.......

Sitting here typing, I've got the mag on my lap - but the new cover is so shiny and slippery, it keeps falling on the floor :lol:

Back to the 80's - excellent!

Wont say anymore - wouldn't want to spoil it for others still waiting!

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:37 pm

markopoloman wrote:Fantastic!
Wont say anymore - wouldn't want to spoil it for others still waiting!
Bah! Another four days to wait.. :evil:

andy vaisey

Re:

Post by andy vaisey » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:47 pm

LeeT wrote:Bah! Another four days to wait.. :evil:
I've been keeping an eye out in WH Smith because they sometimes used to put old RG on the shelves early, but no luck yet. :(

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Corpsie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Darren!

sparky

Post by sparky » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:09 pm

Well, mines arrived. Whereas I haven't had an indepth read, first impressions are very very nice, the whole look and feel is very modern and of good quality, then you open it up and it's very 'retro'.

I feel I must thank Martyn Carroll and the clan for bringing this publication to us in the first place and Imagine for taking up the mantle in bringing it back.

Thankyou

PS, someone going to start an official feedback thread. :?:

AdamDawes

Post by AdamDawes » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:25 am

Any sightings of RG19 "in the wild" (e.g., W.H.Smiths) yet?

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:28 am

RG 19 flees to the embracing arms of the general public on the morning of December 8th!

You won't be able to miss it on the shelves, it'll be the good lookin' one with a big black gloosy Speccy on the front cover!

MadHippo

Post by MadHippo » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:33 am

Got mine, looks good although I haven't had a chance to read it properly yet.

lucky spencer

Post by lucky spencer » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:19 am

I got it today, one day early, good old WH smiths. I have been checking all week incase it is in early and it was. Initial glances show an excellent product. Well done all. I will have to read through but that is later. first I must eat and I don't want to get food on the pages of Retro Gamer.

I found it right at the front by mags like EDGE and Gamestm. This is a good prominent spot. Although I would have preferred it on the next shelf up, I spotted it instantly.

romanista

Re:

Post by romanista » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:21 am

lucky spencer wrote:I got it today, one day early, good old WH smiths. I have been checking all week incase it is in early and it was. Initial glances show an excellent product. Well done all. I will have to read through but that is later. first I must eat and I don't want to get food on the pages of Retro Gamer.

I found it right at the front by mags like EDGE and Gamestm. This is a good prominent spot. Although I would have preferred it on the next shelf up, I spotted it instantly.
any chance of distribution in dutch news agents too (the old never was)...
Edge and GamesTM are currently less visible here as well, replaced by boring dutch Official Xbox360 magazines
Macretro, for all your retrogames on the mac

cheeky_muffin

Re:

Post by cheeky_muffin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:26 pm

lucky spencer wrote:I got it today, one day early, good old WH smiths. I have been checking all week incase it is in early and it was. Initial glances show an excellent product. Well done all. I will have to read through but that is later. first I must eat and I don't want to get food on the pages of Retro Gamer.

Lucky you! :lol: I've had a my look about to no avail. Looks like the release date it is then for me. Although I did find two issues of Retro Gamer 18 kicking about in Virgin.

Still the record to beat was one Retro Gamer came out 6 days before the release date and came out before the subscribers got hold of theirs!

AdamDawes

Post by AdamDawes » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:31 pm

I tried calling two branches of WHSmith, neither of them had it yet either. The big question is: will they have it tomorrow..?