Cracked / Torn Spines

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

findon

Re: Cracked / Torn Spines

Post by findon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:30 am

Issue 122 arrived today.

I happened to meet the post lady at the door so we can eliminate any suggestion that it is being folded, dropped onto the floor etc.

So... this one is NOT as badly damaged as last month's issue however there are 4 or 5 minor tears on the spine. What the hell is happening to these magazines? If it is happening in transit, can we not just pay a couple of extra quid to have the magazines delivered in something more adequate than the rubbish film bag they currently get?

I did have a response from emailing Imagine last time, although all they did was agreed to replace my copy of the magazine within 14 working days (which they haven't done), in fact a whole new magazine has been created in the time it has taken them to not manage to replace it, impressive stuff!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:39 am

I doubt Imagine will offer another subscription where for £5 more etc you get it sent differently. I dont want to pay anymore on my subscription because of a few issues for others (sorry)

If the majority had their issues cracked/torn i'm sure they would listen. Sounds like it might be the local sorting office then

findon

Post by findon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:43 am

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean everyone should pay just because someone can't get a magazine to my house without smashing it up :)

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:42 pm

The cover of my may arrived ripped to bits today. Not too bothered as the content remains intact and I'm not a collector. Hopefully it'll be a one off.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:24 am

Hi All,

I'm Carly, I work in the subscriptions department for Retro Gamer and I have just been reading through this thread.

It's really disappointing to hear that so many of you are receiving your magazines damaged, we do understand that some will inevitably get damaged in the post but this sounds like more than a one off. I will raise this with our mailing house as each magazine should be quality control checked before it gets mailed.

We are always happy to replace any subscriber copies that have arrived damaged, please email imaginesubs@servicehelpline.co.uk or phone 0844 848 8412 with your details and we can get one in the post to you. Alternatively, we do have our own Subscriptions Queries thread in the forum under Feedback, I get notifications of posts in there so I can reply to you as soon as I can. It really helps to have photos of the damage as this is the only way we can make a complaint to them, especially if the bag it arrived in was intact as this proves it hasn't happened in the post. (findon - I will pass your photos on - thanks)

Unfortunately we are unable to offer any alternative postage options at the moment.

If there's anything I can help with please do let me know.

Thanks
Carly
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

e: carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 am

Subs Manager wrote:We are always happy to replace any subscriber copies that have arrived damaged,
That's really good customer service. For me I'm not too bothered at all about getting a replacement copy as it's "what's inside that counts" & once read I don't hold on to them anyway.

For what it's worth the plastic cover was fine but the cover of the magazine had quite a few folds/tears/rips like someone had given it a wee rub with a cheese grater, so it sounds like a problem in the packaging, rather than the post.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

findon

Post by findon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks for this Carly, cracking customer service that you guys are trying to get to the bottom of this. I have been in touch with the subscription guys over email already and they have all of my photos (including new one from issue 122), I am pretty sure the bag has always been intact, it definitely was this month, I still have it.

My copy of issue 1 bought off ebay, is actually in better nick than 50% of the new subscription magazines I have received in the last 12 months!

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:19 am

Hi Findon,

I was forwarded your email with the photos by our Customer Service team which is how I found this thread!

We have passed your photos on to the mailing house for them to investigate so we're just waiting to hear back. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you
Carly
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:23 am

It is worth noting a few of us that purchase via international delivery get delivered in a very secure bubble bag, and to my knowledge not one of us has had an issue with damage :)
Perhaps the packaging for you guys needs to be looked at and perhaps improved.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:32 am

I used to get torn/cracked spines about one in every two magazines say 3-4 years ago, but it's been a lot, lot better since then.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:10 am

Unfortunately my copy has suffered similar damage this month as well, this is the first time i've receieved a damaged copy, the mailing bag
was in perfect condition, no rips, tears, folds or anything, but the magazine spine on the back cover is broken in exactly the same way as mentioned by other posters, also the back cover, clearly has a big clear fold over so somebody definitely has folded this magazine over for some reason in quite a way to leave a mark on it .

Also the actual magazine wasn't flat either, looked like it had been rolled up, however by placing it under a heavy box for a couple of days I have
managed to flatten it. I don't think my postman is at fault as this is the first time i've had a damaged magazine, and I have other subscription magazines which come in normal paper envelopes and they always arrive OK. So it must be something going on before the postal service get hold of it.

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 am

Hi Imhotep,

I'm really sorry to hear that you have received a damaged copy of Retro Gamer this month, I am still waiting for a response from our Mailing House to see if they can offer any explanation for the spine damage.

If you would like a replacement copy please email carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk or private message me with your name and address details. If possible, it would be great if you could include some photos too.

Thanks
Carly
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:48 am

Subs Manager wrote:Hi Imhotep....
:lol: brilliant!

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:38 pm

mine was in a bad state this month. Spine mashed and the front cover folded in. I thought perhaps it was the postman, but seeing at it's in a tight plastic bag, I don't see how he could have done the damage

Subs Manager

Post by Subs Manager » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:54 am

Hi Timothy Lumsden,

I'm sorry to hear your copy has arrived damaged too :(

If you would like a replacement issue please email me on carly.archer@imagine-publishing.co.uk If you are able to also send me some photos of the damage that would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Carly
Carly Archer
Subscriptions
Imagine Publishing