Fave article in Old RG

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

SirClive

Fave article in Old RG

Post by SirClive » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:37 am

Mine was the Goldie Looking Chain interview, very funny and entertaining. Would love to see some more of those cross over interviews.

LeeT

Re: Fave article in Old RG

Post by LeeT » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:05 am

SirClive wrote:Mine was the Goldie Looking Chain interview, very funny and entertaining. Would love to see some more of those cross over interviews.
The majority of 'Desert Island Disks' were very funny and/or informative. Other than that, GTW and the various interviews were other favourites.

rossi46

Post by rossi46 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:21 pm

I liked all the Back to the Eighties features. They're still my favourite.
Thoughts and prayers.

boyo

Post by boyo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:53 pm

Anything to do with the Speccy - including the interviews with Mathew Smith - he is GOD!!!

bounty bob

Post by bounty bob » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:10 pm

My fave, had to be the Mame Cabinet article and have been saving up to buy one ever since (my DIY is useless otherwise would make it myself).
Atari 800XL thrashes the C64 every time!!!
(well, nearly everytime)
(OK, some of the time)

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:38 am

bounty bob wrote:My fave, had to be the Mame Cabinet article and have been saving up to buy one ever since (my DIY is useless otherwise would make it myself).
Have a chat with Boyo about one. I bought a bartop machine from him which is excellent and my mates are jealous like anything about it

roberthazelby

Post by roberthazelby » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:48 am

I'm not into adventure games at all, but my favourite article in the old RG was the big piece they did on that chap who used to run the adventure column in C&VG.

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:53 am

roberthazelby wrote:I'm not into adventure games at all, but my favourite article in the old RG was the big piece they did on that chap who used to run the adventure column in C&VG.
Yeah, that was pretty good.

I liked the three part Midnight Trilogy article. I also liked the Elite article they did in the Anthology.

Wierdest article has to go to the sex change woman who made tapestries and cushions depicting video game characters and scenes.......
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

andy vaisey

Post by andy vaisey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:35 am

Having never used an Amstrad, I found the Amstrad article quite informative. Other than that, all of the other articles mentioned above were favourites as well... except GLC guy... :x

RandySparks

Post by RandySparks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:15 am

Other than that, all of the other articles mentioned above were favourites as well... except GLC guy...
Huh, you've gotta love The Chain! :D

I think it's a great idea to sometimes get someone who's not directly involved in gaming to submit their Desert Island Discs. For example, I notice that the b-side of the Artic Monkey's "I bet that you look good..." single is called "Chun Li Flying Bird Kick". It'd be great to get one of the band to talk about their favourite games. I know they don't really do interviews, but they might make an exception for RG ;)

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:41 am

I liked Jon Foster's article "Don't Believe the Hype" where he slagged off games he thought were overrated.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Morkin

Re:

Post by Morkin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:21 am

roberthazelby wrote:I'm not into adventure games at all, but my favourite article in the old RG was the big piece they did on that chap who used to run the adventure column in C&VG.
Great article. :) I also loved the Empire of the Ants feature, with Sandy White.

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:48 pm

I'd also like to see an article on Derek Brewster,who did the same thing for Crash! (as well as writing a few games)
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:37 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:

I'd also like to see an article on Derek Brewster,who did the same thing for Crash! (as well as writing a few games)
He also set up Zeppelin Games.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:41 pm

I never knew that!

Wonder if he's still got that 'tash...
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"