Help make Retro Gamer better

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:42 am

Dudley wrote:I never owned a C64 so I have no interest in the C64 content.

I bet that takes up more space than the current console stuff does.
Really? You have no interest in finding out about the things you missed out on with not having one?
Splink!

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:40 pm

I would just like to make it clear that BlueMax is _not_ another nick I have created, even though most of it sounds exactly like what I have been saying. So there :-)

BTW, I have never had an Apple II so I am extremely interested in stuff about it. (I have a C= 64 so I am not too interested in the games itself, though the people behind are highly interesting!)

felicemaggie

Post by felicemaggie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:48 pm

I'd like to see more input from the demoscene in RG and would be happy to help out with articles for this. Bearing in mind that the Breakpoint party has just been held this Easter, releases are available for most machines from www.pouet.net .

Cheers,

Felice
http://ccc.atari.org - (Cheshunt Computer Club) - Atari Forever !

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:16 pm

felgekarp wrote:

Really? You have no interest in finding out about the things you missed out on with not having one?
It was a parody post of people saying the same thing about not caring about coverage of Retro themed new releases on the 360/wii.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:37 pm

Dudley wrote:
felgekarp wrote:

It was a parody post of people saying the same thing about not caring about coverage of Retro themed new releases on the 360/wii.
But there was no :wink: on it, please play by the rules Dudley.
Splink!

neuromancer

Post by neuromancer » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:29 pm

I whole-heartedly agree with BlueMax; some excellent points which I identify with. Everyone's view of what is 'really' retro and when the gaming 'golden age' is of course affected by their age and the machines they grew up with. I'm another child of the Speccy (and the '81 before it) and then the 8-bit Atari. I've spent far too much time recently on the GameCube - I love the new stuff too (as long as it's not TOO new ;)) as it does things I could only dream computers would be capable of in the 80s

As everyone's asking for articles they'd like to see, I'd vote for some more in-depth information about the early days of the 'bedroom programmer' scene. I'm just getting into z80 coding and maybe, just maybe, one day my Speccy will produce some magic for me! (sure as hell beats .Net coding)