From the forum issue 114 Platformers

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

snowkatt

Re: From the forum issue 114 Platformers

Post by snowkatt » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:23 pm

kiwimike wrote:Getting a touch too personal IMO...no need to. Grown adults, which I hope we are, should be able to discuss game and agree/disagree in a civil manner without cheap shots or personal insults.
Or maybe not. When all is said and done, they're just old toys. Nothing to get all precious over. It's supposed to be fun... :wink:
they are bloody expensive toys though
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

kleinemaus

Post by kleinemaus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:38 am

Having sold my The Lucky Dime Caper for $800, which I picked up in in the middle 90s for GBP 9.00 (at Makro), I'd say so too. Excellent platform game btw.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:05 am

kiwimike wrote:Getting a touch too personal IMO...no need to. Grown adults, which I hope we are, should be able to discuss game and agree/disagree in a civil manner without cheap shots or personal insults.
Or maybe not. When all is said and done, they're just old toys. Nothing to get all precious over. It's supposed to be fun... :wink:
I agree, but when you've heard for the 10000th time the usual '8 bit games are crap, you lot are all fat receding hairline geeks' from the same person you start to get quite wound up and fed up about it.
malczx wrote:Caves of Doom by Mastertronic on the Spectrum for me. Loads of colourful screens to get through, I remember it being fiendishly difficicult, especially the nasties that chased your little rocket man around the caves. But I remember the picture of the rocket ship on one of the screenshots on the inlay that gave it the 'one more go' factor until I eventually managed to find the same screen and complete the game!
Caves of Doom was a 1.99 classic. I remember editing a fair few rooms to make it much easier to play the game ! Great price and a classic old game. Good shout !

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:13 am

For me it is Bruce Lee on the C64.. brings back great memories that one... :)

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip