Retro Gamer Issue 110 Official Feedback

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

RetroMartin

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 110 Official Feedback

Post by RetroMartin » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:17 am

Finally got this, a lovely tribute to Mr Singleton who I have not played a single one of his games but now have a massive inkling to play Lords of Midnight. Looking forward to the Bullfrog article and seeing the bit on World Of Illusion makes me want to relieve my triumph of finishing co-op on my own playing both players with two megadrive pads when I was 9 or 10 lol! (I may just rope the missus in instead :p)

PSN username - MartinPhantom

JD!

Post by JD! » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:03 am

My copy hasn't yet arrived in the post. Should I contact the subscription people? :(

pforson

Post by pforson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:13 am

A bit late for feedback, but nonetheless...

A brilliant issue, probably the best for several years. Not a fan of the cover (too kiddy, too Nintendo), but the content is wonderful and right up my street.

Baldurs Gate, Bullfrog, Swos, a lovely tribute to MS and a delightful feature about SCUMM. I couldn't really ask for more. Keep up the great work.

Thanks,
Pete
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 am

Loved the article on music in games

you need more of that in future issues!
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

antsbull

Post by antsbull » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 pm

Have to say that I find it incredibly amusing someone saying that a cover on a videogames magazine is 'too kiddy'....

JD!

Post by JD! » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:44 am

I posted this to Darren on Twitter, but thought I'd say it again here. While I've enjoyed the last few issues I'd like to see a return of 16-bit coverage. That's the era I grew up with and I'm not as invested in the 8-bit stuff. Sorry to be another reader demanding things, but it seems there has be a lot of 8-bit in the last few issues.

Lands Beyond

Post by Lands Beyond » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:27 am

I loved the front cover, when seeing it in the newsagents, I have a flash back to my youth picking up an old Super Play Mag.
I had to check inside and to see that it was indeed Wil Overton's work.

Excellent cover, I wish you could get all the cover art done by the wil, as for me this what retro gaming is about, the pure nostagia. :mrgreen:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 am

JD! wrote:I posted this to Darren on Twitter, but thought I'd say it again here. While I've enjoyed the last few issues I'd like to see a return of 16-bit coverage. That's the era I grew up with and I'm not as invested in the 8-bit stuff. Sorry to be another reader demanding things, but it seems there has be a lot of 8-bit in the last few issues.
I quite like both but i grew up with the 8 bits so i'm happy with that ! As always difficult to please everyone though