Retro Gamer Issue 110 Official Feedback

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Darran@Retro Gamer

Retro Gamer Issue 110 Official Feedback

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:27 am

Subs should be getting their issues any day now, but here's a quick video look in the meantime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9TpiOj4eAA

The Laird

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 110 Official Feedback

Post by The Laird » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:40 am

Got mine this morning and have to say its a hit and miss issue for me so far.

Nice tribute to Mike Singleton even though I wasn't a fan of his games and the SWOS and Bullfrog articles are quite good.

The main items of interest for me this month are the Music Men feature and the Jeff Minter interview.

I have to say that I prefered both of the alternative covers.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:46 am

Wow these are coming thick & fast, I am still only on the issue with the grandstand tabletop games on the cover form about four or five months ago. :oops:

I seriously need to set aside a few hours each day to start getting up to speed!

Looking forward to the Minter & SWOS articles. Is this the Xmas edition then or will there be one more pre-Xmas?

Oh and a very nice touch one the Mike Singleton back page.
Last edited by the_hawk on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 am

This is the Christmas edition. Hence the 25 festive games feature and the fact we're all wearing hats on the contents page. The next issue is early January.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:This is the Christmas edition. Hence the 25 festive games feature and the fact we're all wearing hats on the contents page. The next issue is early January.
:lol: I guess I should have looked at the video BEFORE posting! :oops:
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 am

quick flick from me... not as much content to interest me this month, but then last month was perfect for me!

Agree re the cover... both the others were much, much nicer...really don't like it, but then some will love it, I'm sure.
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 am

Looks like a great issue for me this month, with the only stories from the cover that don't strike me as 'must read' articles being the Nintendo and SWOS ones. (That's not Nintendo bashing btw, I've no gripes there, I'm just a bit Nintendoed out). I'm strangely drawn to the Baldur's Gate article, even though the only game in the series I played was on the GBA.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:32 am

not a great issue and a poor cover, the other covers were much better.

Bullfrog article does look good though.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:41 am

I think the cover looks fantastic.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 am

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:... a poor cover
Best be careful saying things like that on the forum now.
gman72 wrote:I think the cover looks fantastic.
That's permitted though.
Antiriad2097 wrote:... (That's not Nintendo bashing btw...
Careful, someone may not agree with your opinion and seek retribution.
Last edited by DreamcastRIP on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:47 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
That's permitted though.
That's warning one wise guy. Keep it up.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:51 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
That's permitted though.
That's warning one wise guy. Keep it up.
No worries. I understand the new rules so there won't be any further transgressions.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 am

We'll see...
And just to clarify, these new rules are nothing to do with Nintendo. They're being put in place because members like yourself bully other members and make this forum a misery. Everyone is getting fed up with it and have asked me to do something about it.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:We'll see...
And just to clarify, these new rules are nothing to do with Nintendo. They're being put in place because members like yourself bully other members and make this forum a misery. Everyone is getting fed up with it and have asked me to do something about it.
If no negative posts about Nintendo are now permitted on the forum and folk aren't allowed to point out the factual inaccuracies of other people's statements in discussions pertaining to Nintendo in case they're accused of 'trolling' or 'bullying' then so be it. If that's what it takes to not get banned then I'll play along. No, I'm not being sarcastic or arguing with you, it's just the way these new rules appear. You're the admin, so what you say goes. No worries.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:We'll see...
If no negative posts about Nintendo are now permitted on the forum and folk aren't allowed to point out the factual inaccuracies of other people's statements in discussions pertaining to Nintendo in case they're accused of 'trolling' or 'bullying' then so be it. If that's what it takes to not get banned then I'll play along. No, I'm not being sarcastic or arguing with you, it's just the way these new rules appear. You're the admin, so what you say goes. No worries.
See you're doing it right now. You're like my 12-year old daughter. You always have to have the last word. Well not this time.

It's nothing to do with no one being able to say anything negative about Nintenodo and you know that. It's also nothing to do with correcting people about factual inaccuracies. You know that too. It's to do with people like yourself gleefully jumping an anything Nintendo related and making this forum a misery for the people who just come here and want to discuss game.
You know what. You can hit the showers now. See you in a week.