Retro Gamer Issue 108 Official Feedback

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Iain Lee

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 108 Official Feedback

Post by Iain Lee » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:08 am

DreamcastRIP wrote: * retrocolumns... Iain Lee - impressed that this is mediocre for a second month running rather than his usual abysmal standard
Kiss my joystick you massive button basher

You are banned from ever reading my column ever again. Ever. Seriously. If I find you've even glanced at it, there will be trouble

X

kiwimike

Post by kiwimike » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:45 am

Iain Lee wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote: * retrocolumns... Iain Lee - impressed that this is mediocre for a second month running rather than his usual abysmal standard

You are banned from ever reading my column ever again. Ever. Seriously. If I find you've even glanced at it, there will be trouble

X
:lol:

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:36 pm

gman72 wrote:This issue is a definite improvement over the previous one. Loads of later-than-8bit-content which is fine by me.
Tales from the crypt is a nice piece. Silent Hill 2 is a classic retro title and deserves coverage.
The Psygnosis piece had lots of great 32 bit content.
The History of Final Fantasy was a great piece with some 32bit and beyond coverage.
The Doom piece was most welcome, being my favourite retro FPS on the PS1 (I look forward RGs review of the BFG edition) it was great to see some coverage.
The review of Tekken Tag 2 was spot on, well done.
I still have much to read but im really feeling it for this issue, keeping the 8bit stuff in check a little was very refreshing for me and whilst i realise that it wont be the same for every forthcoming issue i actually feel that we in the can-we-have-more-modern-content-in-RG brigade have not been moaning into deaf ears.
Thank you all and well done from me. :D
I just wanna bump this to the new page. :lol:
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Iain Lee wrote:

X
Love you too! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Havantgottaclue

Post by Havantgottaclue » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:07 pm

slacey1070 wrote:Came yesterday - at hospital all day tomorrow
Blimey. Did you get over-enthusiastic or something? :shock:
Soon you will have forgotten all things: soon all things will have forgotten you. (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 7)

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:41 am

Havantgottaclue wrote:
slacey1070 wrote:Came yesterday - at hospital all day tomorrow
Blimey. Did you get over-enthusiastic or something? :shock:
Yes, it was the Iain Lee column that did it . . . .
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:10 am

Iain Lee is a boss.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:35 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Iain Lee wrote:
http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/posting ... 1&p=834505#

X
Love you too! :lol:
Jesus Dreamcast, you certainly are collecting friends at the moment! :lol:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 pm

sscott wrote:Jesus Dreamcast, you certainly are collecting friends at the moment! :lol:
Keep it under your hat but there's a dastardly plot being actioned to oust said Rumbelows lover and have him replaced by Daisy Donovan. :wink: :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:25 am

Daisy Donovan... has she been put in the Would You thread yet?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Greyfox

Post by Greyfox » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:40 am

really enjoyed this months issue ..brilliant work from all involved.. I salute you all, well done. I haven't seen a nice packed in issue since issue 105 (Atari ST Piece, which was a great bonus..hint hint :) ), loved the making of and the Psychosis feature..very deserving and well done.

Failures again on the Final Fantasy stuff..why ohh why do we still have to continue to read about this series..we all are Final Fantasy experts now thanks to these feature which have been cover time and time before :(, please stop doing them!, please!, 10 pages is far too much, that could of been done on something more appealing to the Retro gaming community, rather than for the RPG heads around here :).

but none the less it was a good month this month..hope this continues.
↓↓Click Link to See More
[url=http://www.greyfoxbooks.com[/url]

trickytree

Post by trickytree » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:09 am

Overall a very good issue, the Konix and 'Before Video Games' articles were particularly interesting, and it was nice to see a feature on Wonder Boy III - an underrated series.

Couldn't enjoy the Final Fantasy or Doom articles, there was just no new information there. The Doom article was a particularly hard read, lots of gushing about the games without any real detail or insight. I stopped reading when it tried to insist Doom 3 was a good game!

Looking forward to the Half-Life feature next month. That Mode 7 feature had better not mention 'sprite scaling'!

Mero

Post by Mero » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 am

Good issue this month

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:49 am

I really enjoyed the Final Fantasy and Doom articles, it's great that the information is there for newcomers to the scene to enjoy. :D

shmuk

Post by shmuk » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 am

Terrific issue.
- Shmuk Lidooha