Page 9 of 16

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:40 pm
by AmigaJay
ncf1 wrote:
Apple IIGS - GS standing for Graphics and Sound. Built for gaming pleasure. Simply cannot go wrong.
Well for $1000 the graphics weren't any better than the Amiga and ST, with many games getting direct C64 ports, on one of the main GS sites it lists most of the games ever written for the GS (not inc Apple 2) and there is only 151 - far from the thousands on said other machines, though one good feature of the GS was the amazing sound chip though...but it's a machine hardly remembered for gaming...

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:49 pm
by ncf1
AmigaJay wrote:
ncf1 wrote:
Apple IIGS - GS standing for Graphics and Sound. Built for gaming pleasure. Simply cannot go wrong.
Well for $1000 the graphics weren't any better than the Amiga and ST, with many games getting direct C64 ports, on one of the main GS sites it lists most of the games ever written for the GS (not inc Apple 2) and there is only 151 - far from the thousands on said other machines, though one good feature of the GS was the amazing sound chip though...but it's a machine hardly remembered for gaming...
I remember it for gaming, and its amazing sound chip.

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:04 pm
by NorthWay
Just had a quick flip through the magazine, but

ST: Did you say DotC came out later on the Amiga and was a port? The Amiga was the target machine and came before any other versions...

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:54 pm
by gman72
NorthWay wrote:Just had a quick flip through the magazine, but

ST: Did you say DotC came out later on the Amiga and was a port? The Amiga was the target machine and came before any other versions...
Yeah, I already told him. He got that fact very wrong but no-ones perfect, right? :D

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:39 pm
by NorthWay
gman72 wrote:Yeah, I already told him. He got that fact very wrong but no-ones perfect, right? :D
"My name is Nobody, and Nobody's Perfect"

How is the DotC 2 game in comparison btw? I have the CD but have never tried it on anything.

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:41 pm
by NorthWay
Oooh! And did we have an argument over if Gauntlet should have been on the 10-ST-exclusives list?

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:05 pm
by The Laird
NorthWay wrote:Just had a quick flip through the magazine, but

ST: Did you say DotC came out later on the Amiga and was a port? The Amiga was the target machine and came before any other versions...
Yes it was a mistake, the ST site I was using as a source had the wrong information.
NorthWay wrote:Oooh! And did we have an argument over if Gauntlet should have been on the 10-ST-exclusives list?
Please tell me how a conversion of an arcade game that appeared on multiple platforms can be considered an exclusive :wink:

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 am
by NorthWay
Jagfest_UK wrote:Please tell me how a conversion of an arcade game that appeared on multiple platforms can be considered an exclusive :wink:
No Amiga version.

Ok, so that is not good enough for the literal qualification, but everybody praised the version so much that it felt like it was a totally different product from the C= 64/ZX/CPC/A8/whatnot ports.

(Yes, I know there is an Amiga version now, but I wouldn't have held that against you :-)

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:45 am
by Darran@Retro Gamer
Actually I like the idea of a list of Atari ST exclusives that never appeared on the Amiga (and vice versa maybe).

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:47 am
by gman72
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Actually I like the idea of a list of Atari ST exclusives that never appeared on the Amiga (and vice versa maybe).
Enduro Racer - ST only
Super Sprint - ST only
These two really stick out because they were brilliant on the ST...
Supersprint even catered for an extra player using keys making for some great multi-player, and the ST Enduro racer was even better than the mighty Spectrum version. :)

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:54 am
by gman72
Jagfest_UK wrote:
NorthWay wrote:Just had a quick flip through the magazine, but

ST: Did you say DotC came out later on the Amiga and was a port? The Amiga was the target machine and came before any other versions...
Yes it was a mistake, the ST site I was using as a source had the wrong information.
The old adage rings true: Always double check your research. :D

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:58 am
by HalcyonDaze00
The old adage rings true: Always double check your research
yeah, its a poor excuse for shoddy work

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:05 am
by DreamcastRIP
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:... Horrific cover, one of the worst ever, the covers seem to be going from bad to worse at the moment.

... The ST piece is a bit dull but so was the ST so thats about right I think.

... And it's nice to see the mag give VF5 the credit it deserves, the Virtua Fighter games have long wiped the floor with Tekken and Streetfighter!
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
Issues 103, WTF!!!!!! had the making of Double Dragon....one of the biggest most important games of all time and they slap a picture of an Atari 2600 on the cover
yeah, one of the worst decisions they have made. Some very strange choices over the last few months.
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
but the 'Amiga beaters' was just silly (Outrun, really, when there are so much better racers on the Amiga?)
the Amiga beaters was cringeworthy, dreadful stuff.
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
I didn't want an Atari -- it's crap! I did buy an Atari, plugged it in once and thought it was just too slow and dated.
Can't argue with him on that to be fair
HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
The old adage rings true: Always double check your research
yeah, its a poor excuse for shoddy work
TROLLOLOLOLOLOL! :roll:

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am
by The Beans
DreamcastRIP wrote:TROLLOLOLOLOLOL! :roll:
Surely it's your post that's the actual troll post here? A post that selectively quotes somebody else to paint them in a bad light and is specifically designed to derail the thread. Classic trolling. How come you're never banned for this crap? You're the worst on the forum for it.

Re: Official Feedback Issue 105

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am
by DreamcastRIP
The Beans wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:TROLLOLOLOLOLOL! :roll:
Surely it's your post that's the actual troll post here? A post that selectively quotes somebody else to paint them in a bad light and is specifically designed to derail the thread. Classic trolling. How come you're never banned for this crap? You're the worst on the forum for it.
Surely it's your post that's the actual troll post here? You oh-so-conveniently omit to mention only one of those quoted posts was selectively quoted in a pitiful attempt to bolster your own paper thin argument in a way solely designed to fan the flames and derail the thread. Classic trolling. How come you're never banned for this crap? When it comes to self-righteous, opinion stated as fact, smug holier than thou crap preaching at others like you're mightier than the rest of us you're the worst on the forum for it. Classic keyboard warrior behaviour from one with an axe to grind as part of your personal crusade against me ever since you were chastened by all and sundry in the original GameGadget thread. Get over yourself, already.