Retro Gamer Issue 104

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Laird

Re: Retro Gamer Issue 104

Post by The Laird » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Rev. Stuart Campbell wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:If someone had genuinely valid reasons why all the mario games were a load of rubbish then of course we would print iT, I'd imagine it would be quite amusing. I'm not sure if anyone could put the opinions across in a valid justified way though...
I'll have a shot at Zelda if you like...

:D
I already have dibs on that (and Mario) :lol:

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Scapegoat wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:If someone had genuinely valid reasons why all the mario games were a load of rubbish then of course we would print iT, I'd imagine it would be quite amusing. I'm not sure if anyone could put the opinions across in a valid justified way though...
I'll have a shot at Zelda if you like...

:D

I'd pay double the cover price to read that. :twisted:
Me too! Get the Rev on the job :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I wouldn't get too het up about it. Everyone knows how dreamcastrip is on the forum. You shouldn't worry too much about what he says. I don't (for the most part).
And you had the temerity to call me "a massive troll"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Actually. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of an alternate view on classic games. Didn't edge do something similar recently?
Glad to see you're coming round to the idea so soon. :D
Scapegoat wrote:I just wish some people would recognise good writing when they see it.
That'd be a fair dig... if it wasn't for the many, many times I've posted extremely positive feedback in this sub-forum regarding numerous articles in RG.

In fact, one of the magazine's writer's sent me a PM quite recently thanking me for my kind words of appreciation with him saying what I'd posted helped make it all worthwhile. :D
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:45 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Scapegoat wrote:I just wish some people would recognise good writing when they see it.
That'd be a fair dig... if it wasn't for the many, many times I've posted extremely positive feedback in this sub-forum regarding numerous articles in RG.

In fact, one of the magazine's writer's sent me a PM quite recently thanking me for my kind words of appreciation with him saying what I'd posted helped make it all worthwhile. :D
And yet you condemn this article and the editorial staff purely because it expressed opinions that differed from yours.

Do you only like writing that aligns with your own point of view?
HADDOCKEN!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Scapegoat wrote:And yet you condemn this article and the editorial staff purely because it expressed opinions that differed from yours.
Did I?
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Rev. Stuart Campbell

Post by Rev. Stuart Campbell » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:55 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Scapegoat wrote:And yet you condemn this article and the editorial staff purely because it expressed opinions that differed from yours.
Did I?
Yes. Had it been an eight-page Kick Off feature that DIDN'T criticise it, would you be complaining?

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:04 pm

Reckon I could do a pretty good job ripping into Tomb Raider...

Rev. Stuart Campbell

Post by Rev. Stuart Campbell » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:Reckon I could do a pretty good job ripping into Tomb Raider...
I'll fight you for that one...

noobish hat

Post by noobish hat » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm

You lot sure hate video games.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:17 pm

noobish hat wrote:You lot sure hate video games.
So so true.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:22 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Did I?
Yes. Had it been an eight-page Kick Off feature that DIDN'T criticise it, would you be complaining?
Are you sure about that?
Yes, I most likely would. Did you not see the Feedback thread discussion of issue 101's 'Collector's Guide' on NES?

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:24 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote: Did you not see the Feedback thread discussion of issue 101's 'Collector's Guide' on NES?
The one where you confused the writers opinion as fact?

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote: Did you not see the Feedback thread discussion of issue 101's 'Collector's Guide' on NES?
The one where you confused the writers opinion as fact?
No, the one that was published.

Rev. Stuart Campbell

Post by Rev. Stuart Campbell » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Rev. Stuart Campbell wrote:Yes. Had it been an eight-page Kick Off feature that DIDN'T criticise it, would you be complaining?
Are you sure about that?
Yes, I most likely would.
Okay, so I'm confused, then. If it's okay to have opinions that differ from yours, what IS it that you're complaining about? I've totally lost track. There are no factual inaccuracies in the piece, it's a series clearly worthy of coverage for the reasons laid out in the feature, and my opinion is different from yours but that's fine. So can you spell out what the problem is?

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:44 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Rev. Stuart Campbell wrote:Yes. Had it been an eight-page Kick Off feature that DIDN'T criticise it, would you be complaining?
Are you sure about that?
Yes, I most likely would.
Okay, so I'm confused, then. If it's okay to have opinions that differ from yours, what IS it that you're complaining about? I've totally lost track. There are no factual inaccuracies in the piece, it's a series clearly worthy of coverage for the reasons laid out in the feature, and my opinion is different from yours but that's fine. So can you spell out what the problem is?
I've said what I wished to say on the matter already. Just as certain other people have here. It's all there in the thread.

You may not agree but that's fine.