GamesTM acquired by Imagine

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:42 am

I'm glad that GTM has been bought by Imagine, rather than just disappearing off the shelves, never to be seen again. If they can do a job equal to what they do on RG, then I'll be damn happy. :)

I hope the retro content doesn't get cut from GTM, as it's nice to have a mix of old & new. I'm sure both magazines could arrange it so they have wildly different content from each other.

It must be strange for the Imagine boys (Darran & Simon) who used to be both at Highbury/GTM, to leave all that behind, but now to come back to it. Kinda full circle. Lets also hope that the GTM forum makes a comeback as well.

Anyway, good on 'ya Imagine ! :D

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:55 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
LeeT wrote:It would be nice to see another GamesTM special covering the retro section from issues 24-36 but I'm not sure if this would be possible?
Why not, I'd imagine Imagine own the rights to all the back issues. Hell, we could do a gamesTM/Retro Gamer anthology. How twisted would that be :shock:
I hope it does happen - Though I would prefer separate ones for GamesTM and RG! I've been re-reading both of the previous anthologies that were published, and I'm impressed with them for different reasons - The RG one had previously unseen articles and Darran's had info on practically all the major consoles and computers. Fingers crossed!

CraigGrannell

Re:

Post by CraigGrannell » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Hell, we could do a gamesTM/Retro Gamer anthology. How twisted would that be :shock:
Don't give the powers-that-be ideas, Darran, otherwise you'll end up having to edit it!
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:11 pm

I thought G(tm) WAS imagine until Highbury went under.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:18 pm

Dudley wrote:I thought G(tm) WAS imagine until Highbury went under.
Imagine are a fairly new company...

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:37 pm

In a way Dudley... Paragon sold GamesTM to Highbury (amongst other things), and then Damian Butt went and created Imagine. Now the mags he sold are back under his wing!
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

andy vaisey

Re:

Post by andy vaisey » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:52 pm

Mayhem wrote:In a way Dudley... Paragon sold GamesTM to Highbury (amongst other things), and then Damian Butt went and created Imagine. Now the mags he sold are back under his wing!
A cunning plan all along... ;)

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Bit of a typo there, reading back. I meant to say Damian sold Paragon to Highbury, and then founded Imagine from the money.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

The Master

Post by The Master » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:46 pm

Is Damian a nice man?

SirClive

Re:

Post by SirClive » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:54 am

LeeT wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
LeeT wrote:It would be nice to see another GamesTM special covering the retro section from issues 24-36 but I'm not sure if this would be possible?
Why not, I'd imagine Imagine own the rights to all the back issues. Hell, we could do a gamesTM/Retro Gamer anthology. How twisted would that be :shock:
I hope it does happen - Though I would prefer separate ones for GamesTM and RG! I've been re-reading both of the previous anthologies that were published, and I'm impressed with them for different reasons - The RG one had previously unseen articles and Darran's had info on practically all the major consoles and computers. Fingers crossed!
I'm with you on that Lee, defo prefer seperate anthologies.

Quaid

Re:

Post by Quaid » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:27 pm

The Master wrote:Is Damian a nice man?
No, he's the devil
:twisted:
"There was a time that was all the money in the world to me, now it's a day's pay...

Quaid

Re:

Post by Quaid » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:28 pm

Quaid wrote:
No, he's the devil
Apparently
"There was a time that was all the money in the world to me, now it's a day's pay...

Markie

Re:

Post by Markie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Quaid wrote:
Quaid wrote:
No, he's the devil
Apparently
Hey Quaid...
I can tell you.. Damian is a new man since his bad ol' days at Highbury.. He's even got the nickname of 'cuddly Damian'. I kid you not.
And he's so laid back no he wears slippers in the office. Again... I kid you not!

Then again... he still does love quoting from his natural father: Emperor Palpatine..

yep... I kid you not!
Damian Butt: 'I'm afraid the deflector shield with be fully operational when your friends arrive'

:wink:

As for gamestm...

It's now back in the hands of Damian and myself. The guys who concepted and launched the mag... so we are pretty excited at some of the ideas we have for that mag too... keep a look out for it soon...

hehhehehe (evil cackle)!

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:43 am

So is the next issue going to be from Imagine? How many of the staff have you got?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Mad Gerald

Post by Mad Gerald » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:48 am

If you guys own it - I hope YOU send out the prizes to star letter winners. I had the star letter in the Nov 2004 Retro section in GamesTM and never got my bloody t-shirt despite several emails back and forth.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :evil: