Official Feedback Issue 103

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Fawltykog

Re: Official Feedback Issue 103

Post by Fawltykog » Fri May 25, 2012 11:18 am

Fantastic issue, RG like good wine improves wi... :roll:

Yeah well thats enough of the cliches, all in all another wonderous heaven sent issue.

Fawlts.

I trust the cheques in the post :wink:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri May 25, 2012 11:23 am

Nemesis wrote:The same "individuals" were hardly innocent parties despite Jonboy's split personality.
Nonsense. Revisionist history so soon? Oh puh-lease! :roll:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri May 25, 2012 11:32 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Retro surfer wasn't trolling he was pointing out something he found amusing. It amused me as well :)
Jag feast has an article in issue 105 so it's going to be interesting to see how his "how nintendo saved gaming will go down*
In fairness I said he was trying to troll. :wink:

It will go down like Mario on Princess Peach . . . .

Maybe that's TMI!!! :lol:

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Nemesis wrote:The same "individuals" were hardly innocent parties despite Jonboy's split personality.
Broken record from a drama queen.
Oh and if you want to do little social experiments on our forum don't post about them on your own you plum - Darren@Retro Gamer

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 am

Nemesis wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
Broken record from a drama queen.
Ad hominem attacks and baseless accusations from your good self.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Fri May 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Retro surfer wasn't trolling he was pointing out something he found amusing. It amused me as well :)
Jag feast has an article in issue 105
*it is actually about the Atari st

Is that spread over 1 page?
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm hoping the Atari ST article is spread over several pages. More to nitpick over that way ;)

Really looking forward to that having been an ST owner.

The forum has generated some great freelancers for the mag. I wonder if other mags involve their readers to that extent?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri May 25, 2012 1:41 pm

markopoloman wrote:
Jag feast has an article in issue 105
*it is actually about the Atari st

Is that spread over 1 page?
:lol: Meeow!

Given that the recent Virtual Boy feature amounted to six pages then an ST article would warrant about one hundred pages!

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Fri May 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:I'm hoping the Atari ST article is spread over several pages. More to nitpick over that way ;)

Really looking forward to that having been an ST owner.
I really hope that you enjoy it reading it as much as I did writing it.

And feel free to nitpick away when you do, feedback is always good :wink:

RetroMartin

Post by RetroMartin » Fri May 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Looks very "light" on content for me personally but I shall pick it up and see!

PSN username - MartinPhantom

Gabe

Post by Gabe » Sat May 26, 2012 4:41 am

In what crazy world could the Fallout games ever be considered loot drop games?

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
ChipTune wrote:fantastic issue!
Given your track record for repeatedly stating everything Atari ever did, Paperboy excepted, was awful it is somewhat surprising you find the current issue of RG so "fantastic".
Well it just goes to show that even topics covering the biggest detritus can be an interesting read if covered well.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat May 26, 2012 5:55 am

Gabe wrote:In what crazy world could the Fallout games ever be considered loot drop games?
In the crazy world of the writer. You should visit it. I hear it's a pretty crazy place.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 am

ChipTune wrote:P.S. Please can you mention […] FEZ, Trials Evolution, Pinball Arcade (XBLA) and Lone Survivor, and Sword & Sworcery on PC as these all have roots or are inspired by retro gaming and they all deserve a review in the mag.
Sword & Sworcery especially, although I doubt the mag will cover this now. Even if the mag wrote about this right now, the PC release would be a few months old by the time the mag hits the shelves, and the original iOS release would be 15 months old by that point. Still, Superbrothers are working on something new at the moment, so perhaps that'll be of interest to the mag.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 am

CraigGrannell wrote:
ChipTune wrote:P.S. Please can you mention […] FEZ, Trials Evolution, Pinball Arcade (XBLA) and Lone Survivor, and Sword & Sworcery on PC as these all have roots or are inspired by retro gaming and they all deserve a review in the mag.
Sword & Sworcery especially, although I doubt the mag will cover this now. Even if the mag wrote about this right now, the PC release would be a few months old by the time the mag hits the shelves, and the original iOS release would be 15 months old by that point. Still, Superbrothers are working on something new at the moment, so perhaps that'll be of interest to the mag.
Ok so that one fair enough.. but FEZ and Trials should be reviewed.. Trials is a kickstart (c64) clone basically, and also is a sequel to an old pc game.. and if FEZ isnt considered retro enough to feature in the mag then I truely give up, after all Bit.Trip runner was reviewed based on it's retro aesthetics an that is a new game.

Also Dragon's Lair is now out on XBLA so I assume that will be covered.. as also would the new SEGA Vintage Collections on there too.

I love retro gaming and play 8-bit games on hardware / emulators regularly but I also love the new games that look, sound, and most importantly FEEL like retro games, but can offer so much more due to the powerful hardware and online stuff we have today!