Request for END/GAME articles

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mantas

Request for END/GAME articles

Post by Mantas » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:47 pm

This is one of my fav parts of the mag, especially since I started a website about game endings a while back. I do have one request though. Could you please mention what format the game is on. It might be obvious to the writer and to people who've played the game, but I'm sure there are loads of us out there who have no idea on what console the game is on. That is all. Carry on troops.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:48 pm

What's your website?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Mantas

Post by Mantas » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:58 am

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:00 am

I hate the game ending feature...
Why not tell us about the end of all the movies you've seen and books you have read and spoil them for us as well.. :evil:

One of the main reasons for completing a game is to see the end for YOURSELF..!!

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:06 am

Opa-Opa wrote:I hate the game ending feature...
Why not tell us about the end of all the movies you've seen and books you have read and spoil them for us as well.. :evil:

One of the main reasons for completing a game is to see the end for YOURSELF..!!
This is a good point.

To me the end game is a bit uninteresting because who cares about the end of a game you haven't played to get. It is only really relevant to anyone who's played the game and got to the ending so they can reminisce. I could read the article one day and be completely non plussed, then play the game the next day, finish it and then actually want to see the ending because you're kind of in the zone then and its relevant.

(all above IMHO)
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

MikeHaggar

Post by MikeHaggar » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:13 am

http://www.vgmuseum.com/ got over 3800 ending spoiled ;)

Oh, and good luck finishing Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

Opa-Opa

Re:

Post by Opa-Opa » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:06 am

MikeHaggar wrote:http://www.vgmuseum.com/ got over 3800 ending spoiled ;)

Oh, and good luck finishing Ghouls 'n Ghosts.
Been there, done that...

GetDexter

Re:

Post by GetDexter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:30 am

Opa-Opa wrote:I hate the game ending feature...

Agreed. I have a quick glance to see what the title is and if I feel that it is a game I am likely to try and complete one day (i.e - all of the ones featured so far!) then I look no further.
As requested by the Tw@t himself - his account was Hijacked and has had a change of password.

Sorry Dexter!

Elgin_McQueen

Re:

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:18 am

Thanks, nice site.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

Szczepaniak

Re: Request for END/GAME articles

Post by Szczepaniak » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 am

Mantas wrote:This is one of my fav parts of the mag, especially since I started a website about game endings a while back. I do have one request though. Could you please mention what format the game is on. It might be obvious to the writer and to people who've played the game, but I'm sure there are loads of us out there who have no idea on what console the game is on. That is all. Carry on troops.
Glad you like it.

It's always arcade games which are covered though. :)