From the forum - Retro Gamer turns 100

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

lanky316

Re: From the forum - Retro Gamer turns 100

Post by lanky316 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:32 am

I'd grown up playing computer games but being born in the mid 80's missed a lot of the 8 bit machines, through this magazine I've found new ones that I was unfamiliar with. In recent issues I've even started finding last gen games I'd completely missed! Great articles about great games. Thank's to the team who keep up this high standard and here's to the next hundred!

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:41 pm

Not only has Retro Gamer remained greatly entertaining with each issue, it has also provided a fascinating and thorough historical documentation of the video game medium as a whole. It's because of this that I believe the magazine will survive and thrive for a very long time.

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:40 am

I own more issues of RG than I do of ZZap. So it must be love.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

flavioreis

Post by flavioreis » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:18 pm

Thank you for the great material! RG has become increasingly more interesting and exciting. Amazing how I find myself increasingly interested in the retro world!

Let´s go to the number 200!

badda

Post by badda » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Retro Gamer has been consistently good for 100 odd issues. Naturally I wouldn't find every article to my interest, but each issue has always had a number of topics well worth a read. And that it doesn't ignore Spec/BBC/Amstrad and other European home computer 80s gaming platforms is a BIG plus in its favour.

(okay to print)

Don't get bigheaded though! :D

bsg

Post by bsg » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

I think we all have to give a big hand to all involved in bringing the retro fix we need every month... and that includes all of the readers who contribute...
http://www.youtube.com/user/bsg7 < my Youtube games review / collection channel

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:50 pm

All I can say is, £499, your welcome :D

No really. Quality magazine, super idea, always an interesting read and even manage to learn something new every now and then...100 issues in and only one complaint...Needs more Snatcher :wink:
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

Space Holiday

Post by Space Holiday » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:48 pm

I always found myself 'behind the times' when it came to video games but eventually I decided that actually I prefer the older games to the newer ones! So when I first saw Retro Gamer peaking out of the shelf I bought it straight away and I've read each issue since I first starting purchasing it every month from cover to cover... thanks RG you guys are gods, Happy 100! :D
Check out Alt:Mag - We're always looking for new writers! Apply within.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 am

The only magazine I have ever bought from the very start and will continue to do so, infact first and only mag I have ever subscribed too! Retro Gamer is legendary full stop.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

shifter

Post by shifter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Thanks for making the only magazine i buy in physical paper form. in the day of the digital age something in your hand always feels wonderful.........:)

mrspud

Post by mrspud » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 pm

You've got some nerve... to be of such consistently high quality month after month, year after year. Keep it up: you're the only interestesting gaming magazine on the shelf.
New Amiga, SAM Coupé and Speccy games available at http://blackjet.co.uk

Old Skool 75

Post by Old Skool 75 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:30 am

I can remember walking into a local garage and looking at the magazines. What a buzz of excitement when I saw the words 'Retro Gamer'. Finally there was a magazine that not only wrote about classic games and consoles but wrote about it passionately and really cared about the past history of our gaming. My first computer was a Zx Spectrum +. Seeing screenshots and interviews with people that actually made these games was so refreshing and even now I still love the magazine. Keep doing what you do. Thanks to all the writers who have informed and entertained me for a 100 issues. If you keep writing we will keep reading! X

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:09 am

^Same here

Remember going into WH Smiths for the first time in ages and then seeing this magazine - Retro Gamer - Issue 1-, excited as anything ! Flicked through it, yessss, this is what i want, people who love retro games, flicking through the pages i recognised lots of systems/games, was very excited to get it

BUT a huge schoolboy error in not buying 10 or so copies as there were some crazy ebay prices soon after ! Then a few years later after the sad demise of RG Mk I it was great to hear it would be relaunched, remember Merman showing me an early copy of the relaunch with the Speccy on the cover, good times were back.

Congrats on 100 issues, amazing stuff. Was the first magazine I had subscribed to for many many years

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:40 am

More Spectrum.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

SpecChum81
Location: London, a small village on Mars, just outside the capital city, Wubble!!

Post by SpecChum81 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:02 am

Congratulations on reaching the big 100!

Not only is Retro Gamer my all time favourite Gaming magazine, it's just about my favourite Magazine full stop!

Very much looking forward to the next 100!
Press Play On Tape