Retro Gamer eMag Load 3 NOW ON SALE!

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

Retro Gamer eMag Load 3 NOW ON SALE!

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:40 am

Good news everyone. The latest Retro Gamer eMag is now available to buy from our http://www.imagineshop.co.uk for just £19.99.

It features issues 56-80 and includes the excellent documentary The Newsfield Years. It's the perfect gift for Christmas, so be sure to treat yourself before it sells out.

Jeremiah Jones

Re: Retro Gamer eMag Load 3 NOW ON SALE!

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 am

Awesome. Been waiting for this one. Best bargain around!

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:08 am

Dear Santa...
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Xuio

Post by Xuio » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:15 am

Finally :roll:

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:39 am

Xuio wrote:Finally :roll:
:lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 am

I've just bought 10 so when people ask in future when it'll get rereleased I can step in and make a tidy profit, mwahahaha!
Splink!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Amazing news :) . My shelves were getting too full with the actual mags so now I can get this for whenever I want to look back at a certain article and get rid of the physical mags.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the mag when it comes out but I never go back and re-read an entire issue again so they kinda take up a lot of space :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

OutRun

Post by OutRun » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Fantastic!! Haven't managed to get an issue of RG since moving to America. I've been stateside for almost 4 years and only found my first copy 3 months ago in a local book store and I couldn't believe my luck as i guess they just started getting it in.

Can't wait to get home from work to get an order placed for load 3 to catch up on everything I've missed. Not sure my wife will be happy about this as she probably won't see me for a few weeks as I go through the back issues. lol

Thanks guys, you've made a Scottish expat very happy!!
Currently playing on :-
Wii, Dreamcast, Playstation 1, PSP, PC, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour and Gameboy Advance SP

joe-flacco

Post by joe-flacco » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:58 am

I have the disc. Everything on there is a .pdf file. The issues themselves are in one directory on the disc. They're fine for reading, but most of the pictures are reduced to an almost unrecognisable blur. According to the RG forums, they did this to keep the filesize down on full issues, so that people wouldn't run into loading problems.

There is a second folder on the disc with the individual articles, collected by the column it is, without issue numbers in the filenames. These have a much better image quality.

Personally, I find that I prefer to read the issues, then open any specific articles if I want a better look at the pictures. This is particularly apparent when they highlight a particular machine, as the two pages of tiny screenshots are utterly useless in the full magazine scans.

By the way, I do think it is worth the cost, even for those who need to import it. There are some spectacular articles in there, though I admit many will be of limited interest to those who aren't interested in British computers, games, and consoles.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:36 am

Good luck with the game on sunday by the way !

lemon-rev

Post by lemon-rev » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:52 pm

its almost a year later and no more retro gamer Mag on cd ?

The load 3 mag was the last one , any more plans for 4 and more ?.

I see that the new dvd with all 3 loads is on , is that the current relese it means you guys dont get that much in terms of revenue ?.

Thanks.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:41 am

The new emag (Retro 1) is something totally different, it takes the 3 great bookazines (Called Retro not Retro Gamer) and puts those on disc (well worth getting)

Retro Gamer eMag Load 3 was the Retro Gamer issues 54-80 wasnt it ? So thats 26 issues on dvd. That came out in Nov 11, its now Nov 12 and we're on issue 109. So back in Nov 11 it was probably when issue 97 was out. Considering the dvd contained issues 54-80 i think we've got a bit of a wait. Retro Gamer eMag Load 4 sounds like it'll be issues 81-107 ? (26 issues like the last one)

Considering 109 has just come out we've probably got a bit of a wait, if it came out now it might affect sales of the mag on the app etc.

Sure it'll come at some point though

lemon-rev

Post by lemon-rev » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:39 pm

thanks for rhe reply, ill keep my eye on the shop and ill have another look at that retro load 1 dvd thats got the book's instead.

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:39 am

Are there still no plans to reprint the other eMag disks?

lemon-rev

Post by lemon-rev » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 am

just checking out the emag cd i have the past 3 on my shelf we are up to what 112 mag ? 80 + 25 - 105 ? is it not time to bring out emag load 4 ?.