Questions for Gary 'Zzap' Penn

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Gibberish Driftwood

Re: Questions for Gary 'Zzap' Penn

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:05 am

Neat. I hope he tells lots of stories about his days at Zzap Magazine. :)
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:14 pm

NorthWay wrote:Stavros - Mad Finn, or just good spin?
(Read the "In the chair" now)
Was Stavros after his time at Newsfield? Didn't see any references to Thalamus at all in fact, was there a hard divide inside Newsfield?

DRS

Post by DRS » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:09 am

Hey Northway, hope you're well. I didn't ask Gary about Thalamus basically because he didn't say he was involved in that part of Newsfield... plus there was so much other stuff to talk about. I did ask him your one-liner about Stavros and he laughed and just answered 'Mad Finn'. We had so many readers questions i couldn't include them all (well, in the end, none were included in the final piece but i did put them in a DVD extras thread)

I did cover some of the Thalamus days when i interviewed Gary Liddon ages ago and of course Merman did a fine retrospective on the company. Did that have an interview with Stavros? I can't remember... he would of course be good to feature in RG if he's contactable.

merman

Post by merman » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:58 am

DRS wrote:Hey Northway, hope you're well. I didn't ask Gary about Thalamus basically because he didn't say he was involved in that part of Newsfield... plus there was so much other stuff to talk about. I did ask him your one-liner about Stavros and he laughed and just answered 'Mad Finn'. We had so many readers questions i couldn't include them all (well, in the end, none were included in the final piece but i did put them in a DVD extras thread)

I did cover some of the Thalamus days when i interviewed Gary Liddon ages ago and of course Merman did a fine retrospective on the company. Did that have an interview with Stavros? I can't remember... he would of course be good to feature in RG if he's contactable.
I did try to get in touch with Stavros for the Thalamus piece, but no joy...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 am

Why did he need to swear so much! I actually found the article offputting and suprised retrogamer printed all those swear words. It might be aimed at an older audience but that still doesn't make it right. Kids do buy retrogamer. Shame on you guys!