Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Post Reply
User avatar
dste
Posts: 7094
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by dste » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:12 am

Just dropped through my letterbox and looks good.

Image

The cover is pretty cool and I'm looking forward to reading the End of the 8-bits article as I only had a NES at the time so missed out on all of that stuff. Also looking forward to reading the Final Fight and UN Squadron articles.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
mrmarvelxiii
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:49 pm
Location: Turtle Island

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by mrmarvelxiii » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:18 am

Just had my weekend made special by a issue 92 waiting for me in the post :)
The end of the 8-bits looks like a very thorough article that I'll enjoy reading. Also looking forward to reading the Amstrad collectors guide, I don't have any intention of getting one but I always love reading them.
I will leave more informed feedback when I've had a good read through.

Oh, by the by, my favourite bit was seeing that you have s SNES collectors guide next issue, this means wet-yourself-excitement for me! Can't wait :)
Chazz it up!!!

User avatar
necronom
Posts: 5648
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by necronom » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:32 am

Arghh! 92! I'm still finishing off 90!

This is what happens when I'm on holiday and when work sends me away on courses and surveys; I get nothing read.

Must catch up.
Image
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26526
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Lots of nice 8 bit coverage this month, I'm liking what I've seen so far.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by Joey » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Whoever did the cover needs a pat on the back, it looks great!

Looking forward to the Final Fight, U.N. Squadron and Grim Fandango pieces.
Image

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26526
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Joey wrote:Whoever did the cover needs a pat on the back, it looks great!
The main image is an Oli Frey painting previously used for issue 2 of Crash
ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sincl ... over02.jpg
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

User avatar
HalcyonDaze00
Posts: 4621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 pm

I'm not overly keen on the cover, but its a good issue.

Final Fight, UN Squadron, Grim Fandago - all great.

Just had a look at the Amstrads top games.....ha, it's easy to see why it was a million miles behind the C64 and Speccy.

RichL
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by RichL » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Looks very good, had a brief look through, but I have so much to read just lately this will have to wait a bit...

User avatar
Stevearcade
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by Stevearcade » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Well, the weather's pants, I don't like Golf, so no point watching the TV, check the post and :D Issue 92! Plenty of 8 Bit stuff as well as an article of Final Fight :D . Good work guys. Haven't read a thing yet, just flicked through, but my afternoon's taken car of now.

AmigaJay
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by AmigaJay » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Yeah great issue so far, had a flick through earlier, love the front cover, it's better than the repeat of the Zelda cover again! One mistake spotted in the Steve Turner number crunching section, it states the CD32 version was never published when it was, it was the Megadrive version that was never released..
Oh and what's going to replace the Back To The 80s pages, we have only two months left!?

User avatar
Darran@Retro Gamer
Posts: 6731
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:26 pm

AmigaJay wrote:Yeah great issue so far, had a flick through earlier, love the front cover, it's better than the repeat of the Zelda cover again! One mistake spotted in the Steve Turner number crunching section, it states the CD32 version was never published when it was, it was the Megadrive version that was never released..
Oh and what's going to replace the Back To The 80s pages, we have only two months left!?
Last time I checked there were 12 months in a year and 10 years in a decade making 120 months of Back to the 80s. We've not had 120 issue of the mag yet.
Image

User avatar
sscott
Posts: 13146
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:26 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by sscott » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Like the new edition but felt the end of 8-bit article could have been longer, was good all the same!
Image

RichL
Posts: 664
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by RichL » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Cool, you asked Steve Turner my question - thanks for that.

:D

AmigaJay
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by AmigaJay » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:49 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
AmigaJay wrote:Yeah great issue so far, had a flick through earlier, love the front cover, it's better than the repeat of the Zelda cover again! One mistake spotted in the Steve Turner number crunching section, it states the CD32 version was never published when it was, it was the Megadrive version that was never released..
Oh and what's going to replace the Back To The 80s pages, we have only two months left!?
Last time I checked there were 12 months in a year and 10 years in a decade making 120 months of Back to the 80s. We've not had 120 issue of the mag yet.
Umm this Issue covers October 1989....I've no A levels in Maths but to me there's only November and December before 1990 comes around....don't tell me your counting the 90s as the new 80s now!? But I'm sure I did think before you had missed a year somewhere!?

User avatar
Antiriad2097
Posts: 26526
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm
Location: http://s11.zetaboards.com/RetroLeague/
Contact:

Re: Issue 92 Feedback Thread

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm

It hasn't covered every month since the start of 1980, so it'll rewind and cover the missing bit(s).
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest