Issue 100.

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
markopoloman
Posts: 11657
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm
Location: Poole, Dorset

Re: Issue 100.

Post by markopoloman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:27 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Just got my first big interview for issue 100!!!
And I'm looking forward to it - whoever this is.......................................................... :D
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

IronMaidenRule
Posts: 4413
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 pm

Re: Issue 100.

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 pm

markopoloman wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:Just got my first big interview for issue 100!!!
And I'm looking forward to it - whoever this is.......................................................... :D
Is it Mario or Sonic?

russty_russ
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 am

Re: Issue 100.

Post by russty_russ » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:39 am

When Amiga Format was 100 issues old back in 1997, it came complete with a cut out and keep issue 1, granted the pages were thumb size but it was a nice novelty gift.

When .net magazine reached 100 issues back in 2002 it came with a free mouse mat.

Gift or no gift, I'm just glad Retro Gamer is still around, its 8 years old come the start of January and even survived certain death that not even a boot heading towards Miner Willy couldnt save! :D

User avatar
jdanddiet
Posts: 9021
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am
Location: Essex
Contact:

Re: Issue 100.

Post by jdanddiet » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:00 am

russty_russ wrote:Gift or no gift, I'm just glad Retro Gamer is still around, its 8 years old come the start of January and even survived certain death that not even a boot heading towards Miner Willy couldnt save! :D
amen to that
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

User avatar
Kai
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:19 am
Location: Kiel, Germany

Re: Issue 100.

Post by Kai » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:03 am

Issue 100 definitely needs a hit list, like "the 250 best games of all time". :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
gunbladelad
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: Issue 100.

Post by gunbladelad » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Nah - that kind of thing is done too often.

Perhaps they should be different and put in a hit list, but have it with "Top 100 suggestions for issue 100", or "Top 100 quotes from the community"
Where logic won't work, I will

User avatar
Joey
Posts: 3842
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: Leicester, UK

Re: Issue 100.

Post by Joey » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Darran confided in me at Replay that issue 100 will contain just PS2 coverage :wink:
Image

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Issue 100.

Post by crusto » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:02 pm

The whole issue will be dedicated to final match tennis. And a hd remake of the first 4 phantasy stars will be on the cover.
Image

Eat your nans pants

User avatar
Gibberish Driftwood
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:36 pm
Location: Monkey Island (Sweden actually)

Re: Issue 100.

Post by Gibberish Driftwood » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Include a free reprint of issue 1.
Please. :)
Ken sent me.
Do the Kirby dance: (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')>

RichL
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Issue 100.

Post by RichL » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:53 am

Joey wrote:Darran confided in me at Replay that issue 100 will contain just PS2 coverage :wink:
Nice to have something not Nintendo based for a change then, roll on issue 100 :mrgreen:

User avatar
RetroBob
Posts: 3240
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Re: Issue 100.

Post by RetroBob » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:03 am

LOL, RG hasn't given anything away "free" since the Live Publishing days, and look what happened there.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: Issue 100.

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:25 am

RetroBob wrote:LOL, RG hasn't given anything away "free" since the Live Publishing days, and look what happened there.
Aw c'mon, be fair, they gave away that 100% review score for Super Mario Galaxy 2! :mrgreen:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

User avatar
Darran@Retro Gamer
Posts: 6761
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:34 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re: Issue 100.

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:52 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
RetroBob wrote:LOL, RG hasn't given anything away "free" since the Live Publishing days, and look what happened there.
Aw c'mon, be fair, they gave away that 100% review score for Super Mario Galaxy 2! :mrgreen:
Sorry is this supposed to be a joke? Are you implying that the score was bought, or do you not understand that a game we deem to be the best example of its genre deserves the best possible score? Or are you simply one of those people who equates 100% with perfection?
Image

User avatar
clarance
Posts: 2702
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: The Fens
Contact:

Re: Issue 100.

Post by clarance » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Can I just say now, that I won't be liking the cover.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

User avatar
DreamcastRIP
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:40 am
Location: England

Re: Issue 100.

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
RetroBob wrote:LOL, RG hasn't given anything away "free" since the Live Publishing days, and look what happened there.
Aw c'mon, be fair, they gave away that 100% review score for Super Mario Galaxy 2! :mrgreen:
Sorry is this supposed to be a joke? Are you implying that the score was bought, or do you not understand that a game we deem to be the best example of its genre deserves the best possible score? Or are you simply one of those people who equates 100% with perfection?
Yes, it was a joke. Implying that the score was bought? No, I'm not Crunchy!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests