From the Forum Issue 89

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

webding

Re: From the Forum Issue 89

Post by webding » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Yeah, Buggy Boy was ace. The tunnel bit was especially impressive.

Though I stand by Last Ninja 2 being the best game on the C64, Emlyn Hughes International Soccer was also brilliant in its own way, and probably stole even more of my time. It had so much - full and editable squads, leagues and cups to be played, a huge (for the time) array of techniques...and it looked like the players gave the crowd 'the rods' as they celebrated a goal.

themightymartin

Post by themightymartin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:23 pm

RoboCop 2 because it's the only one I've ever played.
Xbox Live\Steam: themightymartin
3DS Friend Code: 5000-3656-8384
Zazzle Store: YonDer Designs

Chinnico

Post by Chinnico » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Ah the C64! So many games I grew fond of when I was a young boy! The matter is a bit unfair: it's like asking to choose which is your favourite child...
So, which one? Zoids, Forbidden Forest, impossible Mission? G.I.Joe (awesome vs a friend), the Sacred Armour of Antiriad, or perhaps Donald Duck's Playground (yes, indeed)?
Ok, let's call the whole thing off and go for Shadowfire: awesome music, cool characters and 80's scifi plot - not mentioning it was an (and probably the first?) excellent icon driven tactic game.

lavalyte

Post by lavalyte » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:53 am

Just one? Sophie's Choice indeed. I'm referring to the little-known C64 game-of-the-movie. It was a bit like Dragon's Lair, but with the player forced into making life or death decisions about family members at the end of every scene.
'I have nothing but the greatest respect for other peoples' crackpot beliefs' - Sam The Eagle.

Ruudos

Post by Ruudos » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Microprose Soccer. In what other game can you play as Oman and beat Brazil using your banana power?

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:01 am

Roland in... hold on, what was the question again??

Kai

Post by Kai » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:13 pm

That's really difficult. I loved THE LAST NINJA, but was never that good at it. I was good at RALLY SPEEDWAY, though, the great-grandfather of MICRO MACHINES. I played WINTER GAMES, BUNDESLIGA MANAGER and UP'N DOWN to death and enjoyed the awesomeness of TURRICAN, WASTELAND, ULTIMA V, ARCHON and BUBBLE BOBBLE. The game of all games for me was BRUCE LEE. Simply mind-blowing!

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Fri May 06, 2011 10:34 am

SirClive wrote:Mine is Bomb Jack. Because it is utter crap and proves the Speccy is better.

Hahahahha... hahahahahhaha.. cough cough splutter... haahHAHAHAHA

Oh wait.. you are serious...

oh dear

Nurse fetch this man his pills.. he is drifting out of reality into a world of appalling graphics, shockingly poor sounds, colour clash, and rubbish games..

merman

Post by merman » Fri May 06, 2011 10:37 am

Just a thought... since issue 89 has been published, there might not be much point in answering a thread whose purpose is to get your message into the magazine...
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri May 06, 2011 10:41 am

merman wrote:Just a thought... since issue 89 has been published, there might not be much point in answering a thread whose purpose is to get your message into the magazine...
Indeed, I've noticed on the 360 forum they lock such threads after a certain period.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords