Official Issue 88 Feedback

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

webding

Re: Official Issue 88 Feedback

Post by webding » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:23 pm

I've still not finished it, but what I've read I've really enjoyed, it's a brilliant issue all round. As I said before, the PGA Tour article was excellent, and since I've started picking up the mag regularly, sports games haven't featured much, so it was also a welcome change of content.

One thing though- why did Dreamcast Collection get panned in the write-up, only to get 56%? That sort of score implies it's better than average, and it'd be more than enough to get you into university these days. You need to get more Super Play with your scoring.

God, I sound like someone writing into Digitiser to quibble about 3% differences.

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:50 am

DRS wrote:....so, I'm hoping that we will be able to feature Tempest before the year is out... or maybe issue 99?
Because of it's 99 levels? Yeah that would be pretty cool. To be honest though I'm just really excited about the prospect of the feature happening at all. :D

dwitefry

Post by dwitefry » Thu May 05, 2011 12:13 pm

it's a bit late:
It has Missile Command on the cover and in the Making Of sections...
Instant sale.
It would have been two but my mate decided it's cheaper to read mine.

My only real complaint? the title of Cave Retrospective is Cave Story, so every time i flick through it I think 'ooh that game from the internet' and then remember it's about awesome shoot 'em ups instead...though this could be more of a problem with my stupidituy.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri May 06, 2011 5:08 am

the_hawk wrote:
Between this & the isometric issue that's me sorted now, you can go back to the Nintendo heavy issues for the rest of the year or throw in loads of Amstrad stuff or feature nothing but FPS's & my annual subscription would still have been justified. :wink:
Im so glad you said that. We're celebrating Zelda's 25th birthday next month.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Fri May 06, 2011 5:08 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
the_hawk wrote:
Between this & the isometric issue that's me sorted now, you can go back to the Nintendo heavy issues for the rest of the year or throw in loads of Amstrad stuff or feature nothing but FPS's & my annual subscription would still have been justified. :wink:
Im so glad you said that. We're celebrating Zelda's 25th birthday next month.
Sub cancelled. Again. :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords