From the forum question for issue 31

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Yorkshire Gold

Post by Yorkshire Gold » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:50 am

It takes me back to the happier days of my childhood.
OH DING.

Timppa

Post by Timppa » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:40 pm

Characters, which are unique, appear only in Nintendo games. Game athmosphere is special, there is right amount of humor, action and tension. Most of the games suit equal to children and adults and the can be played together.

Eugene Mamalookaboobooday

Post by Eugene Mamalookaboobooday » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:43 pm

Nintendo wrote the games console rule book!

1. They don't tack anything additional onto their machines, no dvd players etc. They are games machines, pure and simple.
2. They have so many novel new games and characters that no other console can come close to.
3. They can breathe a whole new lease of life into existing franchises and add completely new dimensions to dying genres.
4. They're the cool western underdogs that everyone who doesn't own a nintendo console wishes they had.
5. they just rule.
Kill Kill Kill....Da white man

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:03 am

Eugene Mamalookaboobooday wrote:1. They don't tack anything additional onto their machines, no dvd players etc. They are games machines, pure and simple.
Dont you remember that stupid robot thing which you could buy along with the NES ??

Gabe

Post by Gabe » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:08 am

They aren't particularly special, they just know their market, and that market loves them - as clearly shown in this thread.

And in repsonse to Timppa - unique characters only appear in Nintendo games? Oh dear.

And that I guess is the other main point - they have the most rabid fanboys.

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:44 am

That stupid robot thing was incorporated into gameplay, making it still a games dedicated console.

We're not the most rabid fanboys. We do get angry at things but Sega fans are even more angry than we are.

Dark Reaper

Post by Dark Reaper » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:53 pm

Because they hate Europe! :D

Seriously though, I find that a lot of Nintendo's games seem to have more care and attention to detail put into them. This isn't always the case (I personally hate Luigi's Mansion) but more often than not it leads to a more fulfilling gaming experience.

jumpman

Post by jumpman » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Nintendo games are fun. While The Big N have always delivered quality hardware, complete with flashy gfx etc, their focus has been on the games and user experience.

The Wii is perhaps the best example of this.