Retro Gamer in Australia?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Sun May 07, 2006 9:57 am

gizmomelb wrote:hi all,

I don't suppose anyone's still seen issue 19 lurking aorund in a shop somewhere? Looks like G&G bungled *AGAIN* and never sent issue 19 to Melbourne at all! (I spotted and bought issue 20 last week). So if someone can still source me an issue 19 (plus postage) it'd be most appreciated! Yes, yes.. I know a sub would ease the problem of finding issues etc. but not everyone has that kind of pocket money in advance.
Can't you call Imagine and order a back issue?
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

lazy jones

Post by lazy jones » Mon May 08, 2006 5:05 am

Issue 22 is out now. Nearly missed it as the first two newsagents I tried were sold out (or never received it).

I posted a thread about this elsewhere, but don't miss the GamesTM Retro Anthology that is available again in Melbourne (originally came out last year I think). It has been re-released in a value pack with 2 other mags for $10 and is available now (anthology was $25 when new so I passed it up the first time). The top mag in the pack is an old issue of a regular GamesTM (silver in colour) and the other is a Pokemon solutions mag.

Mr_Staypuft

Re:

Post by Mr_Staypuft » Tue May 09, 2006 10:57 pm

lazy jones wrote: ....don't miss the GamesTM Retro Anthology that is available again in Melbourne (originally came out last year I think). It has been re-released in a value pack with 2 other mags for $10 and is available now (anthology was $25 when new so I passed it up the first time). The top mag in the pack is an old issue of a regular GamesTM (silver in colour) and the other is a Pokemon solutions mag.
thanks for the tip.

I presume this is a "Gordon & Gotch" pack with a white paper insert?

If so - what is the name of the pack please?

mjsztainbok

Post by mjsztainbok » Tue May 09, 2006 11:29 pm

If you don't want to miss an issue, you should do what I do and arrange for your local newsagent to put an issue aside for you when they arrive.
I think they must order the copies especially for me as when I get them they have a label with the newsagent's name and my name on it.

If you decide you don't want an issue you don't have to buy it. It works really well.

It's almost like a subscription but you pay as you go...

Mark

kingsmiley-

Post by kingsmiley- » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:49 am

Hi All, should have posted in this forum but accedently hit new post.

If your looking for issue 23 check this out,

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1506

Also, would anyone from Sydney be interested in a Retro gaming lan party or something like that?

Discosis

Post by Discosis » Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:30 pm

I found issue 22 in the departures lounge newsagent at brisbane international airport a couple of weeks ago. This could prove rather an expensive way to get RG, all things considered, but they did have 10-15 copies of it on the shelf.

Issue 23 I found in Mag Nation on Elizabeth St in the Melbourne CBD -- I'm guessing they would get a decent number of copies each month.

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:20 pm

I think I've missed the new Anthology that was released. Is it still out there or was it pulled from the shelves?

kingsmiley-

Post by kingsmiley- » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:24 am

Havent seen the anthology anywhere, might need to look out for it on ebay :)

Curious, whos in Sydney, always keen to meet likeminded people :)

Bleugh

better get it there soon, i'm off to melbourne soon

Post by Bleugh » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:57 pm

well, personally i'm taking out a UK subscription before I emigrate in october!

i'll either get my parents to post it to me or try to sneak the odd one into internal mail