Retro Gamer in Australia?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

tssk

Retro Gamer in Australia?

Post by tssk » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:05 am

Will Retro Gamer be distributed in Australia or will a 'local' version be printed here?

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: Retro Gamer in Australia?

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:12 am

tssk wrote:Will Retro Gamer be distributed in Australia or will a 'local' version be printed here?
I doubt there will be a local version, I'll try and find out more info for you...

Mr_Staypuft

Post by Mr_Staypuft » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:44 am

I very much doubt there's a big enough market in AUS
to justify an RG 'local remix'.

But I'm very much looking forward to receiving my RG 19.

And hope to see it in newsagents again in February, I guess.

lemon-rev

Post by lemon-rev » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:49 pm

for those of you who havent got a visa or mastercard to buy things online i wish you well in reciving the mag, i am happy in australia my self in the big ACT and will be watching out but i now have subscibed to 6 issues which i am not sure if i am really keen on but i can sence that its going to be worth it.

Szczepaniak

Post by Szczepaniak » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:17 pm

I hope it does get shipped to Australia, since you guys have something to look forward to.

I may as well mention it, since the mag has started to hit UK high street stores and people are talking about it. The current "Global Gaming" feature covers Australia. Two pages detailing some of the highlights of Australian gaming (it may be a PAL territory, but you guys have some nice elements exclusive to the region).

Surprisingly, I ended up with more information than I knew what to do with, so I hope it encourages you to keep your eyes peeled for the mag.

Now might even be the time to considering subscribing. ;)

Mr_Staypuft

Re:

Post by Mr_Staypuft » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:47 pm

Szczepaniak wrote:I may as well mention it, since the mag has started to hit UK high street stores and people are talking about it. The current "Global Gaming" feature covers Australia. Two pages detailing some of the highlights of Australian gaming (it may be a PAL territory, but you guys have some nice elements exclusive to the region).
Cool.

I hope some of my bits n pieces made it in :)

Dizrythmia

Re:

Post by Dizrythmia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:43 am

Mr_Staypuft wrote:I hope some of my bits n pieces made it in :)
Same here. I managed to supply the logo for the TV show "Zone" & an interview with Adam the first host. Does anyone have any video footage of "Zone", like an episode or something? I know it was a pretty poor show, but I'm curious.......

baalaagaa

Re:

Post by baalaagaa » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:11 pm

Dizrythmia wrote:
Mr_Staypuft wrote:I hope some of my bits n pieces made it in :)
Same here. I managed to supply the logo for the TV show "Zone" & an interview with Adam the first host. Does anyone have any video footage of "Zone", like an episode or something? I know it was a pretty poor show, but I'm curious.......
Yeah I still have a heap of episodes on VHS tapes.

Did your interview make it to print? I'd really like to read it.

Dizrythmia

Re:

Post by Dizrythmia » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:33 am

baalaagaa wrote:Yeah I still have a heap of episodes on VHS tapes.

Did your interview make it to print? I'd really like to read it.
From what I understand a bit of everyone's made it in there. My bit on Zone & Amstrad CPCs in South Australian schools made it. John emailed everyone involved a draft of the article.

Are your episodes of Zone from the Adam era or the Megan & Muttley era?

The show was crap but Adam was pretty cool. Muttley...... what the hell was that guy on? Megan..... well a washed up soapie actress looking for work should not end up on a show designed for video games. Nice eye candy yes, but she knew nothing about games & it showed.

Would it be possible to get copies of the episodes you have?

Szczepaniak

Post by Szczepaniak » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:49 am

I had to edit the Australian article down actually, due to it's length. So no mention of the zone or Australia's history of game censorship, but the information is still here with me. I've kept aside some of the content, which might be usable in later features.

But I did try and keep as much as possible in (fair amount of info on DSE), with a bit from everyone who helped. Your names by the way are credited under "Thanks". :)

Dizrythmia

Re:

Post by Dizrythmia » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:58 am

Szczepaniak wrote:I had to edit the Australian article down actually, due to it's length.
I'm sure you still would have done it justice :)
Would be good to see an article on Zone in the future sometime..... I think I sent you those interviews with Adam & Muttlee..... correct me if I'm wrong.....

lord_kthulu

Re: Retro Gamer in Australia?

Post by lord_kthulu » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:42 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
tssk wrote:Will Retro Gamer be distributed in Australia or will a 'local' version be printed here?
I doubt there will be a local version, I'll try and find out more info for you...
Hey Darran,

I only just found out about the rebirth, Woo Hoo :)
I love the Zzap64'ish Avatar!

Do you know who will be the Australian Distributor?
My local newsagent was keen to find out? It would seem that I'm not the only local who wants the new issues.

Intoxicated with the Madness,

Kthulu

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:12 am

Still no reply about who or if it will be distributed in Australia.......

Anyway, I got my issue today in the mail. I haven't had much of a look, but I did read the Australian article. John, you did well, fantastic :)

Interesting that the Leisure Suit Larry article that was in Retro Survival made it into this as well, albeit in what looks like a cut down form. Probably others have too, but I have to have more of a look. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll start reading the rest of the mag :)

lord_kthulu

Re:

Post by lord_kthulu » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:27 am

Dizrythmia wrote:Still no reply about who or if it will be distributed in Australia.......

Anyway, I got my issue today in the mail. I haven't had much of a look, but I did read the Australian article. John, you did well, fantastic :)

Interesting that the Leisure Suit Larry article that was in Retro Survival made it into this as well, albeit in what looks like a cut down form. Probably others have too, but I have to have more of a look. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll start reading the rest of the mag :)
How long ago did you subscribe?
Did you just get issue 19 or 20?

I subscribed on the 22/12, and I'm curious to know which issue I will get?

Intoxicated with the Madness,

Kthulu

PS And yeah, sadly I haven't had a response to my message or email :(

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:33 am

If you emailed around the 22nd, it's not surprising, seeing as most companies in the UK—especially in the publishing word—do a fairly major Christmas shutdown, meaning no-one's there for a couple of weeks.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com