Official Feedback Issue 85

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

CraigGrannell

Re: Official Feedback Issue 85

Post by CraigGrannell » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:28 am

The post is still clearly screwed, as evidenced by the not-at-all odd scenario of me getting two copies of 2000 AD today (one being a day late and the other being a week and a day late). It's getting stupid now; let's hope it doesn't snow again or the service will be disrupted until Easter!
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:37 am

Yeah its a joke hearing some Royal Mail bloke on tv saying theres nothing wrong, seems obvious a fair bit of it is still waiting to be delivered. Must still be a huge backlog

Rory Milne

Post by Rory Milne » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:22 am

ncf1 wrote:made $348 out of people illegally sending money so that was good, I bought some clothes from it because my pants had holes in them.
The holes are where you put your legs in! :wink:

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am

Now I'm worried - my local magazine shop has it on the shelves.

Isn't it shipped from outside of UK to wherever your foreign address is? Or was that Old RG?

Imhotep

Post by Imhotep » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:31 pm

A bit late reading this months issue, but of particular interest was the Lemmings article, I loved Lemmings, had a massive cardboard cut out from the local computer shop, and the CD single by "SFX" and played the game to death, as was typical with Acorn releases, the sequels never followed, but thankfully this time they did, we got More Lemmings, and Lemmings 2 thanks to Krisalis Software, would love to see a "From The Archives" about them, they were the Archimedes power house for games, they converted so many Amiga games, their final one being Alone In The Dark - another suggestion for an article ? or is it not retro enough and as it's originally a PC game, certainl letter writers might complain again (mentioning no names!).

The Flashback article was also of particular interest too as I had that game too, but could never get very far in, not even out of the jungle, so it was nice to see the many animations from it, maybe one day i'll try it again.

Finally Where Time Stood Still brought back memories, i've never played the game but had a friend at school who was obsessed with it and was always going on about Clive for some reason.

Good stuff again, let's hope 2011 is a good retro gaming year, look forward to reading the Repton - Lost Realms review soon, it's a brilliant game, so glad it was discovered and makes you wonder what other games are out there that never got released.

jest

Post by jest » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:36 pm

My issue arrived today. (U.S. subscriber)

It's a little beat up, but at least it's here.

TheAlex

Post by TheAlex » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 pm

I rarely buy magazines as I subscribe to Wanderlust and barely have time to read that, but...when I saw the Rareware cover I just had to buy that - the interview was superb reading and I would have been happy if it was another 18 pages longer (are there any unpublished answers we could see??) - anyway, after such a great feature I felt I had to buy the Secret of Mana issue as soon as I saw it...but this time I was left disappointed; I don't recall any 'secrets' and it seemed to be no more than an overview of the various games. So the main reason for buying the magazine was a letdown, but the rest of the Rare issue had interesting content and I expect issue 85 will too when I read the rest.

Edwards80

Post by Edwards80 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:35 am

My subs copy arrived today finally. Never got round to calling for a replacement. Perhaps a few of the others that are AWOL will start showing up now.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:01 am

Glad you said that. Was just about to call Imagine again. I spoke to them about a replacement the other week or so ago but that still hasnt turned up yet. I see RG Issue 85 can be bought from the Imagine Shop (was thinking sod it i'll get myself a copy) but i'll wait a bit longer.

neuromancer

Post by neuromancer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:24 am

No sign of the original. No sign of the replacement.

Still, it's not so bad; if all goes well this week I'll finally get my hands on Crash issue 19 (uncensored version) some 25.5 years late
(see tale of woe at: http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... sh#p202899)

...and (drum roll) issue 1!!!

:D :D :D

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:43 pm

Edwards80 wrote:My subs copy arrived today finally. Never got round to calling for a replacement. Perhaps a few of the others that are AWOL will start showing up now.
And so did mine!

Von Paulus

Post by Von Paulus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Still no issue here in Portugal.
I'm in a desperate need of a RG fix.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:09 am

I subscribe and my copy has just this minute arrived.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 am

Its finally arrived ! Issue 85 ! So much for Royal Mail talking rubbish about not having a back log, phewww my collection is complete !

Big huge thanks to the_hawk who did offer to send me a spare copy he had - cheers fella

neuromancer

Post by neuromancer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:13 am

psj3809 wrote:Its finally arrived ! Issue 85 ! So much for Royal Mail talking rubbish about not having a back log, phewww my collection is complete !

Big huge thanks to the_hawk who did offer to send me a spare copy he had - cheers fella
Was this the original MIA copy, or the replacement which you requested last week?

Still no sign of either at my place last night :(

Crash issue 1 (and others) arrived safe and well today :)