Official Feedback Issue 85

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

necronom

Re: Official Feedback Issue 85

Post by necronom » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 am

psj3809 wrote:we're fastly moving towards the issue of all issues - Issue 100 !
April 2012 should be the biggie of biggies.
:lol: No pressure then, Darran!
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:56 am

I actually get it to March 2012. Remember there are 13 issues per year.

DRS

Post by DRS » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:28 am

Jedit wrote:
CraigGrannell wrote:. Loads of great stuff, the highlight being The Making Of The Pit.
That's odd, Craig - I'm back on the forum for the first time in forever to pedant that very article. Paul opens by saying there was never a home conversion of The Pit, but I distinctly remember playing an identical game called The Pit on my C64. A quick bit of Google Fu later, and I can tell you that it was released by HESware in 1983.

Screenshot from mobygames.com:

Got a reply from Andy Walker this morning, which I'll post below - we're both taking our error on the chin lads. Will try harder next time!

[from Andy]
Hi Paul – literally JUST popped into the office between trips – off again in an hour – Jan is always hectic.

AAAAAaaaarse – you’re RIGHT!

HESware – and it was official.

Peering out through layers of egg, I can almost focus on the Lemon page and it wasn’t HESware that nudged synapses but “Bill Huberich”.

I THINK it must have been part of the Centuri deal – it certainly wasn’t negotiated or instigated by me – but Bill Huberich, I definitely remember being mentioned.

Oh – what can I say – sincere apologies Paul – YET ANOTHER barrel I owe you.

I guess I can bleat that I never did write a home version, nor did Taskset, Slogancourt, AW Electronics, nor any of us – but Bill (I’m sure it will have been with our blessing).

What brilliant work by the pedants – Hey, never shoot the messenger – maybe kick the old guy in the corner though.

Best – in haste

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:46 am

Well - just phoned to get a replacement sent out, so fingers crossed I'll be able to comment on this soon!

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:00 am

Well, I'm impressed. Ordered issue 85 from the Imagine Shop last Thursday & it arrived today. In the past when I've ordered the bookazines, delivery was about 10 days so I expected the same this time, but it wasn't, so thank you. :P

mrspud

Post by mrspud » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:46 am

Got mine a few days a go. Beautiful cover.

But I must ask: for a game so indelibly linked to the Amiga that Lemmings is, why was the page sized graphic at the start of it playing on a Mac? Just seemed to stick out as a bit of the wtf moment for me? Nice article though, as always!
New Amiga, SAM Coupé and Speccy games available at http://blackjet.co.uk

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 am

Just noticed the little boxout about Darran winning the compo. Dude must really like Sonic, that's all I'm saying! :lol:

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:35 am

One of my copies of #85 turned up on Saturday, hooray! Not the resend... that'll probably come this week. Not had a chance to read through yet...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Weblaus

Post by Weblaus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:39 pm

Has anyone outside the UK received their copy of issue 85 yet?

I know a few subscribers besides myself in Germany and we're all still waiting (it's about a week overdue now), anyone else had more luck?

Obviously, it's not that big a surprise so far given what has happened to the UK subscriptions, but I had the faint hope that international subs might get sent with another company or something...

ncf1

Post by ncf1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:29 pm

havent received it in Australia as yet. I beat up my postman the other day but that didnt help. Actually it did, i got a lot of tension out and I think I might indulge in it more frequently. I also stole his mailbag and made $348 out of people illegally sending money so that was good, I bought some clothes from it because my pants had holes in them.

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:49 pm

No issue here in Norway for me so far. I am still reading the xmas one, but this is cutting it a bit too close for comfort?

ivarf

Post by ivarf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:08 pm

NorthWay wrote:No issue here in Norway for me so far. I am still reading the xmas one, but this is cutting it a bit too close for comfort?
Me neither, Oslo Norway

William S

Post by William S » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:21 pm

ivarf wrote:
NorthWay wrote:No issue here in Norway for me so far. I am still reading the xmas one, but this is cutting it a bit too close for comfort?
Me neither, Oslo Norway
It's in the shops here, though! (Oslo, Norway)
I bought a copy on friday, which was kinda strange since it usually takes 3 weeks for the mag to make it into the shops here...
ImageImageImage

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:45 am

Weblaus wrote:Has anyone outside the UK received their copy of issue 85 yet?

I know a few subscribers besides myself in Germany and we're all still waiting (it's about a week overdue now), anyone else had more luck?

Obviously, it's not that big a surprise so far given what has happened to the UK subscriptions, but I had the faint hope that international subs might get sent with another company or something...
I got mine on Saturday, which is still a bit late but at least I have it now. Geographically and logistically I'm slightly better located than you are which could account for a day or two. But, if it's not there by next Saturday I'd probably contact Imagine.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 am

Called them up last week and they said they were sending me out a new copy. Not received it yet. By 'sods law' as i've written this post it'll then turn up today for sure !