Complaint

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

djcarlos

Re: Complaint

Post by djcarlos » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Well, my Mario advent calendar/magazine arrived yesterday....totally unscathed!

Miketendo

Post by Miketendo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Wow. Well, in that case, I won't be buying a subscription.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Miketendo wrote:Wow. Well, in that case, I won't be buying a subscription.
What, because of a rare error?
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:55 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:
Yeah, I don't get that logic either. I specifically mentioned my normal copies show up fine too :/ Any progress though @Darran? No one's contacted me yet

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:59 pm

It's been passed over to the new shop manager.

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:It's been passed over to the new shop manager.
thanks a lot

Miketendo

Post by Miketendo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:05 pm

hydr0x wrote:
CraigGrannell wrote:
Yeah, I don't get that logic either. I specifically mentioned my normal copies show up fine too :/ Any progress though @Darran? No one's contacted me yet

I guess nobody got the sarcasm. :)

I actually prefer getting them at the newstand instead of in the mail. I've had some problems with my mail and magazines. Hell, one time they sent me the US Census and it was COMPLETELY destroyed and in an envelope with an apology from the US Postal Service.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Miketendo wrote:I guess nobody got the sarcasm.
You're American—you're not allowed to do sarcasm. No, hang on, that's irony.

Bugger.

So, er. LOOK! A MONGOOSE!

*runs*
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:03 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:

Bugger.

*runs*
:lol: :lol:

The latest issue actually came through unscathed (for once). Maybe the postie is a secret Mario fan.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

dpg50000

Post by dpg50000 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:46 pm

It may be the OP has just been unlucky. To add a bit of balance, I contacted the subs department via email on Monday p.m. as my latest issue of RG came with a damaged cover. They got back to me within 2 days to let me know they were sending me another copy, which should be with me in 7-10 days. Perhaps the OP's email was accidentally deleted or misdirected internally?

I've also had cause to contact the subs dept. once before about a damaged issue received (prior to Imagine switching the subs dept. to someone else) and got an equally prompt response and a replacement RG within a week.

BTW, got to add - Darran, you're doing a great job with the mag. I'm amazed how quickly you seem to get each issue out, yet still maintain such a high standard - I'm still finishing up last month's copy!

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:19 pm

Miketendo wrote:I actually prefer getting them at the newstand instead of in the mail. I've had some problems with my mail and magazines. Hell, one time they sent me the US Census and it was COMPLETELY destroyed and in an envelope with an apology from the US Postal Service.
That's what should be done with the US census anyways! :lol:

On topic...I live in Kentucky and have been subscribing for over a year now and I have yet to have a copy arrive with more than a slightly dog-eared corner. Typically no more damage than it would get over the course of a normal read-through. I wouldn't fear about a sub issue getting damaged. The bags they come shipped in are actually fairly thick plastic.

If they are running the $80 special, subscribing saves you a bunch of cash and you get the issues 4-6 weeks sooner than the US newsstands. :)
PSN ID: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i")

Miketendo

Post by Miketendo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:46 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:

Bugger.

*runs*
:lol: 8)

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:16 am

I also had a similar problem when ordering a Retro Gamer special after I missed buying it at the newsagent. It was shipped in a padded envelope that got ripped on the way. Consequently the magazine was also ripped. After an email explaining the situation they kindly sent another one but sadly it too came in the same type of padded envelope. Before they sent it I asked them if I could pay extra to get it sent in a better protected bag or box but this was never acknowledged. This one arrived in BETTER condition but with some small marks on the edges of the cover. I figured if I complained again they'd just ship another one in the same type of padded envelope, plus this one is in better condition than the first. It is however something I hope I never have to do again. I'll make sure I get every issue as it's released from now on!!

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:36 am

Dizrythmia wrote:I also had a similar problem when ordering a Retro Gamer special after I missed buying it at the newsagent. It was shipped in a padded envelope that got ripped on the way. Consequently the magazine was also ripped. After an email explaining the situation they kindly sent another one but sadly it too came in the same type of padded envelope. Before they sent it I asked them if I could pay extra to get it sent in a better protected bag or box but this was never acknowledged. This one arrived in BETTER condition but with some small marks on the edges of the cover. I figured if I complained again they'd just ship another one in the same type of padded envelope, plus this one is in better condition than the first. It is however something I hope I never have to do again. I'll make sure I get every issue as it's released from now on!!
Problem being, you can't find the specials on the newsstands over here ;)

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:40 am

So, i finally got an email from the new guy responsible for these things telling me a replacement is on its way, and, guess what, it actually arrived today too. So, all's sorted out thanks to Darran's help :) Seems like the new customer service is better as well :wink: