Happy subscriber. :)

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Kenz

Happy subscriber. :)

Post by Kenz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:03 am

As I was having all sorts of problems finding RG in stores I finally took the plunge and subscribed online. I also sent an email query to make sure I would receive the current issue as my first subscription issue. I received a prompt response telling me I would - and sure enough the current issue plopped through my letterbox a few days later ... *thumb up!*

... And then better still, the latest issue arrived a couple of days later so now I have Retro Gamer double-whammy to read. :D

The moral of this story is subscribing is great! No more trudging to WHSmiths for me.

And thus endeth my happy tale.

THE END.

(C) 2006 Kenz-in-his-lunchour postings Inc. No Rights Reserved. Etc.
http://www.psytronik.net/ - New games for retro gaming systems!
http://www.binaryzone.org/retrostore/ - Binary Zone Retro Store!
http://psytronik.blogspot.com/ - Psytronik Software Blog now online!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:15 am

Good on ya ! Thats the problem, you always hear when someones having a 'mare getting it etc but you dont hear from the many many happy people who have subscribed and having no problems with it.

Yeah there is the odd rare instance of someone not having a CC/bank account to subscribe etc, still find it quite strange people love the trek into town just to buy it full price.

In these days of everything being delivered to your door subscriptions are great, specially the price. Dont mean to sound like an advert !!

Kenz

Post by Kenz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:25 am

Cheers! :)

I thought I'd shine a lil' ray of subscription-related sunshine onto this forum for a change.

I was really pleased to see the zombies on the cover of the latest issue as the issue of Zzap! which featured the same artwork was the very first one I bought.

Ahhhh, nostalgia .... *wraps it around himself like a comfy coat*
http://www.psytronik.net/ - New games for retro gaming systems!
http://www.binaryzone.org/retrostore/ - Binary Zone Retro Store!
http://psytronik.blogspot.com/ - Psytronik Software Blog now online!

The Last Ginja

Post by The Last Ginja » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:09 am

I subscribed the day my last "free" issue dropped on to my doormat, and I haven't had a single problem.

I always get the mag 2/3 days early, in pristine condition.

I too am happy. :D

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:25 am

I re-subscribed but decided that I would do the Direct Debit route.....

I have NOT got the latest issue :( I emailed Subs dept and waited for a reply - eventually got one saying they no nothing of my re-sub :shock:

Sent email back confirming I had sent off the DD form - and am waiting still for a reply :evil:

I'm a long term subscriber - and I am suffering here whilst you lot happily read the latest edition :evil: :cry:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:56 am

Subbed a while back and just renewed. It lands on my doorstep about a week before it hits the shops, it's practically 1/2 cover price and I don't have to deal with the f*cktards in WHSmith. Bonus all round!

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:01 am

Yep, another satisfied subscriber here. Quick delivery, cheaper price and never having to leave the house for anything ever again. And I renewed by DD online too.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

seanmcmanus

Post by seanmcmanus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:25 am

I'm happy with the sub too. Don't think I would have kept buying the mag at full price, but at subs price it makes sense. And since the sub is short term, my exposure is limited to a maximum of £15 and an average of £7.50 if it goes tits up again.

pottyboy

Post by pottyboy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:18 am

I was going to subscribe until I found out that Imagine didn't accept Visa Electron. Do they accept it now?

I used to subscribe to the Live one until they went bust, and I got the 3 free issues too.

"And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?" - Guybrush Threepwood

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:09 pm

seanmcmanus wrote:I'm happy with the sub too. Don't think I would have kept buying the mag at full price, but at subs price it makes sense. And since the sub is short term, my exposure is limited to a maximum of £15 and an average of £7.50 if it goes tits up again.
Your exposure is an average of £0 really. Because if it goes bust in the second half of a 6 month sub it's still cheaper than the shop price.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:21 pm

I feel ashamed for not posting before amid all the negative subscriber feedback
I was well pleased with my 3 free copies , had no problem
resubscribing and have always received the mag quickly and in good condition (and at a bargain price!)

Now,if I only had some binders to put them in... :wink:
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:24 am

I'm a subscription fan too. got my first sub copy at ish 3 and still going strong.

Doesn't mean I don't sympathise with all the poor gits who's renewall got screwed.

incarnates

Post by incarnates » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:35 pm

I Am also a happy subscriber(first magazine i have ever subscribed to in 36 years). started my subscription 8 issues ago, they have always arrived early and in excellent condition,now by direct debit so only £2.50 an issue. An absolute bargain.

LoungeVamp

Post by LoungeVamp » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:06 pm

Yup, I'm quite happily subscribing too :)

Group hug! ...on second thoughts lets not bother with that one :?

monkey puzzle

Post by monkey puzzle » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:54 pm

Ok, I've always said that I would never subscribe (after the Live publishing incident) but now I'm getting pretty close to changing my mind. I've just one small query though. subscribing to 6 issues is £15, but subscribing to 13 issues is £45. Three times the amount for only double(ish) the issues. Surely it should work out cheaper to buy more. The 6 issue sub seems to be Direct Debit, does this make it cheaper? If so why? :?