Back to the Eighties / Nineties comments

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Jet Pilot
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: Back to the Eighties / Nineties comments

Post by Jet Pilot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 am

Rory Milne wrote:Excuse me? My post said I was sick of the "What is retro?" argument and nothing more. How could you possibly take from that I think any of the things that you mentioned in your post???
I got the impression from your post that you wanted the "what is retro" discussion to end because you don't want RG's definition of "retro" to change from the current definition. If I was mistaken then please accept my apologies. 8)

I'll transfer this discussion to the other topic linked to above. I had no idea it existed until it was posted here.
PSN ID: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i")

User avatar
Rory Milne
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Back to the Eighties / Nineties comments

Post by Rory Milne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:28 am

Jet Pilot wrote:I got the impression from your post that you wanted the "what is retro" discussion to end because you don't want RG's definition of "retro" to change from the current definition.
No, just tired of the long running "what is retro?" argument. As far as I can tell Darran decides RGs definition of "retro", if so then I'm more than happy for that to be his responsibility.
Jet Pilot wrote:If I was mistaken then please accept my apologies. 8)
Mistaken yes, but no need for apologies. I was just totally confused by your earlier post, it all makes sense now though.
Jet Pilot wrote:I'll transfer this discussion to the other topic linked to above. I had no idea it existed until it was posted here.
Fair enough, totally understood. Just to give you some background information it's a topic that's been running for years now. I think Darran originally started the thread so that the argument could at least be confined to just one bit of the forum.

Of course that doesn't happen 100% of the time but it's not been a bad solution to handling a topic hardly anyone agrees on.

User avatar
Jet Pilot
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: Back to the Eighties / Nineties comments

Post by Jet Pilot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:47 am

Rory Milne wrote:Just to give you some background information it's a topic that's been running for years now. I think Darran originally started the thread so that the argument could at least be confined to just one bit of the forum.

Of course that doesn't happen 100% of the time but it's not been a bad solution to handling a topic hardly anyone agrees on.
Yeah...I noticed the first post was back in 2007. I guess that means the discussion topic is at least a lively one, regardless of where you stand.
PSN ID: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i")

User avatar
Rory Milne
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:49 am

Re: Back to the Eighties / Nineties comments

Post by Rory Milne » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Jet Pilot wrote:Yeah...I noticed the first post was back in 2007. I guess that means the discussion topic is at least a lively one, regardless of where you stand.
Yep, it just refuses to die. At least it's been quarantined in it's own thread I suppose.

Cheeseburger
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:50 am

Re: Back to the Eighties / Nineties comments

Post by Cheeseburger » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Maybe once Back To The Eighties has run it's course it could be compiled and made into one of those coffee table type bookazines? That's 240 pages of retro right there at your fingertips!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests