Official Feedback Thread - Issue 78

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: Official Feedback Thread - Issue 78

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 am

NorthWay wrote:Done the Lara feature now. Did squat didly for me. Neither do I consider it anything retro (not the first time in RG), nor did I find anything engrossing and deeply interesting in the article itself (rather rare for RG).

The MS article was immensely more interesting for me, but I had an idea that Phil South was more involved in some of the games? (Either thieves or Jinxter.)
The very definition of you win some, you lose some :)

See this is why I love te feedback thread. For every three people who love an article, you'll find one that can't stand it (and vice versa). It's always interesting to hear why people like/dislike your articles, even if you don't agree with them.

merman

Post by merman » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:14 am

NorthWay wrote:Done the Lara feature now. Did squat didly for me. Neither do I consider it anything retro (not the first time in RG), nor did I find anything engrossing and deeply interesting in the article itself (rather rare for RG).

The MS article was immensely more interesting for me, but I had an idea that Phil South was more involved in some of the games? (Either thieves or Jinxter.)
He was definitely involved in Fish, not certain on the others.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

slacey1070

Post by slacey1070 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks to RG I have just got my first Tomb Raider game for years.... underworld for £3 in Gamestation....!
Owned: Vic 20, C64, Amiga, PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, DS, Xbox360, PSP 2000, Wii, 3DSXL, GameCube, N64, JXD S7800.

“I ain't got a problem with your anger, hope you get around to having fun" Hugh Cornwell.

mikeb

Post by mikeb » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:19 am

slacey1070 wrote:Thanks to RG I have just got my first Tomb Raider game for years.... underworld for £3 in Gamestation....!
Bargain. Underworld's a very underrated game - I loved it. And Tomb Raider Anniversary is even better :)

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 am

I've FINALLY got round to finishing the mag yesterday.

A great read this month, perhaps one of the best "all rounder" issues yet. Lovely wide range of interesting articles.

Although the Adventure bosses "interview" didn't really work I wasn't that bothered by it. On the other hand I have to agree with the comments about the Karl "global brand director" Stewart interview. Having read pretty much every issue of RG from the Live era I can say without fear of contradiction that that was the worst article ever published. I actually had to read it in about 3 or 4 stages & had force myself to finish it & I've never done that with ANY articles in RG before.

I know it was only a couple of pages long but I honestly thought I was playing some weird version of marketing/management bullsh*t bingo.

Sorry for the rant, the rest of the mag I loved. I enjoyed the Rock Star Ate My Hamster & Thunderforce 3 articles immensely. The Tomb Raider & Shenmue articles were great reads even though I've no real interest in either franchise.

I also enjoyed reading the Atari 7800 feature very much & you could tell the writer had a great love for the subject, however I'd have liked more of a focus on the games (I know it was a hardware feature, but I'm just giving my personal preference!)

The real surprise for me was the Magnetic Scrolls piece. I can't stand text based adventures but that was a lovely article to read.

Thanks keep up the good work onwards to the Rainbow issue......
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue