Games TM Anthology 2

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:41 pm

I dont get games tm - so looking forward to this :D

cheeky_muffin

Re:

Post by cheeky_muffin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:47 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote: As mentioned above, the only new feature is the Capcom one. Regular GamesTM readers will have the rest already. Way to skim money off loyal readers GamesTM :evil:

At least last time there was more than one new article.
But if the people are loyal then they will not need to buy this particular best of as they should have all the issues being loyal :lol:

But if it's the sake of one new article then I always find WHSmith to be a good home for my quick reading needs :lol:

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:00 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
cheeky_muffin wrote:How big is this magazine? Is it huge like the last one :lol: Is it like a compliation of old material like the last one. It would be handy if it is as I've never bought games TM (sssh dont lynch me!)
As mentioned above, the only new feature is the Capcom one. Regular GamesTM readers will have the rest already. Way to skim money off loyal readers GamesTM :evil:

No there wasn't the only new thing in the original anthology were the editorials...

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:52 pm

Is there even the slightest chance of this hitting Aussie shores?
真・豪鬼

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:54 am

Antiriad2097 wrote: As mentioned above, the only new feature is the Capcom one. Regular GamesTM readers will have the rest already. Way to skim money off loyal readers GamesTM :evil:

Dont think they can win !

To me this is aimed more at the retro market, i dont buy GamesTM as even though it seems to have a good retro section i'm not interested in the rest of it, now all these retro sections have been compiled together then its going to be great for retro fans who dont buy GamesTM which is obvious.

If i was a GamesTM buyer then i wouldnt bother buying this because i already would have 95% of the articles.

I think people are going to moan whatever ! If people have all the GamesTM magazines but are missing this new Capcom piece then they need their head examined if they buy it for that one article.

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:06 am

Maybe some people are confusing the Retro Gamer anthology with the Retro anthology. The former's first and second volumes compiled the "best bits" of previous issues and added new material. The latter was a chunky "bookazine" compilation of gamesâ„¢ stuff, and clearly had a print run of about a million, seeing as WHSmith is trying to flog it to this day. This new effort is another gamesâ„¢ compilation.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:30 am

If it like the 1st Retro Anthology then it is the ulimate of Retro Magazines/books.

If you already get GamesTM, bin em (why would you keep them anyway if not for the Retro?). Even if you have read the Retro articles, this is more of a collectors item so it don't matter.

For people like me wh only dip in and out of TM and then mostly for the Retro bit, it is a fantastic buy.

My only question is, is it everything from Retro sections of GamesTM or has some bits been left out?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:30 am

Well the last one said 'the best of 24 issues of GamesTM' so i would presume its most of it as the last one was pretty chunky

Just come back from WHSmiths in Bury, nothing there yet ! Doh ! Cant wait to get it

boyo

Post by boyo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:47 am

Nice cover - will check to see if in Stratford at lunch time.

is this one £9.99.

Cover looks awesome btw. I still refer back to the Retro version 1 compliation quite alot. Still have the Retro Gamer Anthology ver 1 as well. I flicked through the second RG one and thought is was not worth it.

Deffo be getting this one though.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:09 am

It's £9.99 and 256 odd pages. It's not the entirity of the gamesTM section, but it does contain practically all the features and there's also the recent top 100 as well.

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:26 am

I'll be buying it (despite the whopping price tag). I've got every issue of GamesTM but it will be nice to keep this on my shelf in the living room with the previous book and RG anthologies.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:42 am

Still not in my WHS yet :(

They are down to 1 copy of the old one though.

yakmag

Post by yakmag » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:52 am

Checked smiths in Nottingham, no joy here either :(

Still have loads of the old one though....

boyo

Post by boyo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:13 am

Seems to be nowhere yet :?

Cloud Atlas

Post by Cloud Atlas » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:22 am

I left my house for nothing. I asked the lady at the desk if there were any copies and she noticed I was staring at her cleavage, and now I'll never be able to go back :cry:

She was in her fifties.