Games TM Anthology 2

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

paranoid marvin

Re:

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:33 am

Devin wrote:
Utini wrote:It has an ISBN, so it's definitely a book - the girl at the counter needed some gentle persausion, but I eventually managed to persaude her as to the rightness of accepting the voucher :D
I was considering having a shave before I check the local WHS. Although perhaps my feral look would persuade her to get rid of me without any arguments and accept the voucher! :twisted:
They'll probably just be glad to have someone actually buying a
mag rather than just standing in the shop reading it :wink:
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Devin

Post by Devin » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 am

Yeah! :D

Anybody buy RetroGamer from the Bristol, Cribbs Causeway WHS by any chance? We have a weird mechanical guy that sometimes threatens us at the counter... I'm serious! He's like the R.O.B.O.T. of customer service relations, not sure if he's Asimov 3 laws complient though :?
www.blackmoonproject.co.uk - Philips CD-i Gaming... Honest!

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:18 am

Just grabbed the anthology in Fleet's tiny WHSmith, oddly perched on the top shelf.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Got mine from smiths at Meadowhall in Sheffield this afternoon. It was the last one on the shelf though.

martin_lovick

Post by martin_lovick » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:13 pm

is there any way that you could make this available to buy online ?

Morkin

Post by Morkin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:50 am

Nothing in WHSmiths in Plymouth. It comes from the 'warehouse' was the only response that I could get out of a staff member.

kaiserpc

Re:

Post by kaiserpc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:30 am

martin_lovick wrote:is there any way that you could make this available to buy online ?
Yep, this would be great as it's still not for sale in the Inverness branch :cry:
c64 > spectrum 48k

DonkeySpank

Post by DonkeySpank » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:38 am

Wasn't expecting to see this released until the end of the month, so you can imagine my surprise when I spotted it in WHS whilst on a trip to Brecon on the weekend!! Immediately snapped it up (£13 price tag took me by surprise, but I guess vol.1 was pubilshed 2 years ago now so it's to be expected) and have loved reading it - about 1/2way through so far and I have to say it's feckin superb (would've been nice to see another Frey cover though :wink: )

Sabreman

Post by Sabreman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:40 am

Bah, still got volume 1 in Beeston.

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:12 am

Both branches in Newcastle aren't stocking it - Can someone supply the ISBN number please?

roberthazelby

Re:

Post by roberthazelby » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:27 pm

Devin wrote:Yeah! :D

Anybody buy RetroGamer from the Bristol, Cribbs Causeway WHS by any chance? We have a weird mechanical guy that sometimes threatens us at the counter... I'm serious! He's like the R.O.B.O.T. of customer service relations, not sure if he's Asimov 3 laws complient though :?
*laughs* One of my mates works over at Toys R Us Cribbs Causeway, so will ask him if he's encountered this guy.

How does he threaten you exactly?

As for the price tag, I'm a little shocked that it weighs in at over the £10 mark. As a subscriber of GamesTM, and someone who has every issue I shouldn't really be wanting to add this to my collection, but I love to support as much as possible if it's retro related, and if I don't buy it it'll mean I have a gap in my GamesTM collection.

Arrgggh!
Xbox Live: roberthazelby | The Retro Ranch | The Retro Ranch Blog

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:21 pm

Well - I popped into Bournemouth today - waved at RG towers as I walked past, thinking 'I should go and say hello - and ask Darren if he's going to reply to my pm' then pottered down to WHS.

Picked up the mag - errr BOOK at what sounds like a HUGE £12.99.

BUT

If you dont buy Games tm like mem then this is a HUGE mag FULL to the brim with NEW articles :D

Very glossy - a it's spankingly good too :D

Tellah

Post by Tellah » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:33 pm

No sign of it in Stratford centre WHS yet.
Looking forward to reading it. Not looking forward to handing over 13 notes tho.

mr.zzapback

Post by mr.zzapback » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:51 pm

Has Imagine ever thought about including a cut out coupon in Gamesâ„¢ and Retro Gamer ,or two coupons in two issues, to get a ,say (at least), 3 pound price cut? Making it more affordable for the loyal readers? Eh?

Tssh, really, I don't understand that everybody's accepting this as 'normal' and are rushing out to buy this?
Were talking about +3 pounds for the same 'bookazine' in two years time.
It's hilarious. Pfff.
*Creator of the DEF Tribute to Zzap!64* www.zzapback.com*

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:09 pm

mr.zzapback wrote:Has Imagine ever thought about including a cut out coupon in Gamesâ„¢ and Retro Gamer ,or two coupons in two issues, to get a ,say (at least), 3 pound price cut? Making it more affordable for the loyal readers? Eh?

Tssh, really, I don't understand that everybody's accepting this as 'normal' and are rushing out to buy this?
Were talking about +3 pounds for the same 'bookazine' in two years time.
It's hilarious. Pfff.
As has been pointed out, you're not being forced to buy it...