from the forum question for issue 29

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Mootown

Re:

Post by Mootown » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:12 am

monkey puzzle wrote:Would have to be Altered beast. I always thought it needed a sequel. Think of all the were-beast possibilities. You could have a were-fish, a were-snake, a were-duck-billed-platypus even.
There's an totally crap 3D one that game out on the PS2 a bit ago..

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:45 am

Syndicate - I'm not aware of any sequels to this? Loved this game, used to play it all the time.
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

khisanth

Post by khisanth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:46 am

Did Syndicate Wars come out?

Head Over Heels was well ripe for a sequel

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:47 am

What about Syndicate Wars on the PS1..?

Tapey297

Post by Tapey297 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:56 am

This was a really hard question, As I browsed my game archive I found to my dismay that almost all had or were sequels but I did find one:

Konami's Superb Zombies Ate My Neighbours. Many a happy hour was spent blasting Zombies, Martians and Chucky dolls. Also the level titles were brilliant: Lumberjack Hedgemaze Mayhem anyone?
Last edited by Tapey297 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:59 am

So how many of us have posted a game that didn't actually have some sort of sequel actually come out then?
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

ZeroCipher

Re:

Post by ZeroCipher » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:07 am

Opa-Opa wrote:What about Syndicate Wars on the PS1..?
Ahh ok, thought as much.
Check my radio show every Tuesday 11pm (GMT) on TotalRock.com & every Saturday 8pm ET on FullFreqRadio.com & 11pm EST on TheMixx.FM also via the TuneIn App. On Demand www.mixcloud.com/djforcex

Cloud Atlas

Post by Cloud Atlas » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:05 am

Stunt Race FX. The greatest racer that pushed its host hardware to the limits thus resulting in a series of niggly performance issues that could have been amended with a sequel on a more powerful console. Ever.

Stick the original on DS for starters. I mean, c'mon, Nintendo!

Demonblaze

Post by Demonblaze » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:37 am

Syndicate Wars did indeed come out for both the PC and PS1 and be warned the pc version is damned hard to get running on a XP pc as I've been trying for a while now.

Now best game that didn't get a sequel well I have a few that I couldn't choose from. First there's the Amiga PD game kung-fu charlies,a brilliant platformer that had you trying to clear the screen of all the enemies. The sound effects were so damn funny. Then there was Universe by core,a game that's disliked by alot of people but I loved it. Bloodnet by Microprose/Game-Tek could have done with a seuqel as there was so many things that could have been done with it. And then Beneath A Steel Sky by Revolution,a sequel was talked about a while back but nothing came of it.
Ooh ooh ohh and a sequel to Discworld Noir, sure the engine was flawed and the pc version was ultra buggy but it had a decent plot and a new character that fit in so well with the Discworld universe.

ZeroCipher

Post by ZeroCipher » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:54 am

Eternal Champions - Would have been nice to get a sequel though I maybe in the minority on that one :P

was Chase HQ ever given a secound outing?

Smurph

Re:

Post by Smurph » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:14 am

Chase HQ 2?
Elgin_McQueen wrote:So how many of us have posted a game that didn't actually have some sort of sequel actually come out then?
About 4 :lol: It'll be a short from the forum next month!

Sabreman wrote:Vagrant Story. I live with the sad knowledge that it's highly unlikely.
Oh God yes. How amazing would that be on the 360/PS3?
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

circus_of_horrors

Post by circus_of_horrors » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:22 am

I think zombies ate my neighbours did have a sequel called "ghoul patrol" (could be wrong though)

Mootown

Re:

Post by Mootown » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:31 am

ZeroCipher wrote:Eternal Champions - Would have been nice to get a sequel though I maybe in the minority on that one :P

was Chase HQ ever given a secound outing?
The sequel to Chase was SCI..

And I reckon it's correct that Ghoul Patrol was the sort of sequel to Zombies...

But whoever said Head over Heels needs a sequel is CORRECT!!

YES PLEASE

khisanth

Post by khisanth » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:04 am

lol your avatar reminded me!

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:20 am

Smurph wrote:
Sabreman wrote:Vagrant Story. I live with the sad knowledge that it's highly unlikely.
Oh God yes. How amazing would that be on the 360/PS3?
Still can't get into this game. I always like games that make you (well, you can skip it which is also good) play through the introduction but once the actual game started I couldn't get into it. I find it hard to follow what's going on in each screen.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian