US readers -- when do you see the mag in your stores?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

frankyboy74

Re: US readers -- when do you see the mag in your stores?

Post by frankyboy74 » Thu May 20, 2010 12:52 am

this past week i got both 74 and 75 at barnes&noble and went through both plus 2 oatmeal cookies and two mug of black coffee...the store is nice enough to keep one of my fav. mags as i travel almost 18 mi. to read it and buy... :D

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am

frankyboy74 wrote:this past week i got both 74 and 75 at barnes&noble and went through both plus 2 oatmeal cookies and two mug of black coffee...the store is nice enough to keep one of my fav. mags as i travel almost 18 mi. to read it and buy... :D
If you subscribe, you'll not only save money, but you'll never have to travel further than your mailbox. You can still enjoy oatmeal cookies and coffee with your subscription issues. :D
PSN ID: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i")

frankyboy74

Post by frankyboy74 » Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 pm

thx jet pilot...i shared my comments with my girlfriend and she signed me up for subscription for 1 yr...maybe now i'll save money and gas....thx :D

MulderWasTaken

Post by MulderWasTaken » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:06 am

Borders now sells RG! Hopefully it gets more us readers. They had the Rainbow Island cover. Also, Frys had the latest issue today (#80), basically the wait now is less than a month to get a new issue here!

John

Post by John » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:20 am

Since Borders has gone bankrupt and shut down its stores, I no longer have a local source to get the latest issues of RG. The closest Barnes & Noble store is a one hour drive away.

A new book store chain, Books-A-Million, has opened replaced Borders in about 30 locations. The grand opening of our local Books-A-Million will be soon. Does anyone know if Books-A-Million carries Retro Gamer Magazine?

BF Bullpup

Post by BF Bullpup » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:36 am

Matt, I live near Boston too. Borders (those that are still in business anyway) and Barnes & Noble usually carry them, and they usually come 2-3 weeks after the same issue arrives to U.S. subscribers. If you trust the magazine's continuing quality as I do, then you would be better off subscribing to get them "early" (still not as early as our U.K. friends) and also to save money per issue.

van

Post by van » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Another new englander here. Luckily I have two barnes & noble within earshot. As expected, we are always one issue behind.
BF Bullpup wrote:Matt, I live near Boston too.
Framingham? I hear you have a nice new Savers up there? Generally a good place to hunt retro.