Retro Gamer Now On IPhone

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

gena_amiga

Re: Retro Gamer Now On IPhone

Post by gena_amiga » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:17 pm

Finally. Today the ipad app got an update - and it works now!
Great, thanks Retrogamer!

PrimalScientist

Post by PrimalScientist » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah, I finally got an iPad and am currently reading the latest RG issue. Very impressed.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:02 am

Is anyone else having issues with the iPhone ap righ now? I went to it to download the latest issue, I was then asked to log into my Pixel Mags account - something that has never happened before. I tried with any password I could think I might have used (the one I usually use to download the mags didn't work) and it wouldn't work. I cancelled the login, and when I went to the main page I'd lost all of my downloads! I've downloaded 7 iPhone mags to date, at £2.99 each and I'm not particularly happy at the prospect of losing them all.

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:32 am

I'd get in contact with Pixelmags. It's not something I can help you with I'm afraid. Incidentally do you have a jailbroken phone, as that can apparently cause problems.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:17 am

Cheers for the reply, Darran. No, I'm on a contract with Vodafone. I've had the ap for ages with no problems, and recently updated it, which seems to be the cause of the problems. I've contacted Pixelmags. No response yet, but touch wood they'll contact me before the weekend. I'm making (snow permitting) a long journey, so I was hoping to have my Retro Gamer ap to keep me going along the way. Oh well.

Eric

Post by Eric » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:52 pm

Does the app version of the mag get released at the same date as the print edition?

Update - yes it does, just appeared in the app by magic! :)

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:15 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I'd get in contact with Pixelmags. It's not something I can help you with I'm afraid. Incidentally do you have a jailbroken phone, as that can apparently cause problems.
Hi, I don't know if there's anyone who would be good to get in touch with regarding my app issue? It's over a month since I contacted Pixel Mags and I still haven't had a reply. The eight magazines I bought on the app don't come back if I redownload them either :?

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:15 am

You need to contact pixelmags customer services. Youll add a question and theyll reply. I had issues with the app too but theyre were eventually resolved. Try a forum search for the pixel mag app and im sure the thread will be there.
I will say though deleting the app, restart your ipod, redownload the app from appstore and notby dragging from your itunes, then restart your ipod again. Start the app, go into where you input your email address and password and type in both, make sure it logs you in. Go back to the issues you downloaded and redownload, you wont get charged as long as you use the same apple id and password you used to download them in the first place.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:46 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote:You need to contact pixelmags customer services. Youll add a question and theyll reply. I had issues with the app too but theyre were eventually resolved. Try a forum search for the pixel mag app and im sure the thread will be there.
I will say though deleting the app, restart your ipod, redownload the app from appstore and notby dragging from your itunes, then restart your ipod again. Start the app, go into where you input your email address and password and type in both, make sure it logs you in. Go back to the issues you downloaded and redownload, you wont get charged as long as you use the same apple id and password you used to download them in the first place.
Cheers for the reply. I've contacted Pixel Mags customer services twice, first time I got a reply saying "we will reply" second time, nothing. I'll try your suggestion though, see if it works.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Are there any plans for the special collection issues to be released for this?

I bought a few issues last week, and I'm pleased so far, even considering a subscription.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Again pixelmags are the best people to ask as i dont think the writers have much input into the app contents and releases etc, if you are getting a subscription id read a few reviews on the appp itself as its quite buggy at times, plus if you upgrade your model its a frigging nightmare to join the two devices even though pixelmags claim they can do this. Also once you do get round to having your account sorted you have to re download all your previous issues again.

yasw

Post by yasw » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

I've been buying a couple of issues of the magazine, but it is really quite expensive here in Denmark, because it is imported. Got an iPad and the app is really great and the prices are about a quarter of the physical price here.

It is great to read on, but I think the text could be little bit clearer. It is a bit blurry, at least compared to other magazine apps. Also, it would be nice if it could save and remember the last position you where reading when opening the app again.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:21 am

Is anyone else not seeing the latest issue available to download? It doesn't seem to be showing up.

stulec52

Post by stulec52 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:00 pm

just picked up an Ipad last week, and was looking around for crap to fill it up with...
I had no idea you guys had the mag on this format, awesome !!
No more 2 months behind for me.
love it

Databasic

Post by Databasic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Issues 1 - 55 are available digitally on Load 01 and Load 02
Issues 62 - 88 are available digitally on the iPad Store.
But where can I get digital copies of issues of 56-61?