Retro Gamer Now On IPhone

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

SaruwatariKaito

Re: Retro Gamer Now On IPhone

Post by SaruwatariKaito » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:31 am

please add more back issues to the app..

raiz

Post by raiz » Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 pm

More back issues really would be great. I've got quite a gap between emag 2 and the first issue of the magazine I own. I have a subscription now but thinking about the retro goodness I've missed out on brings a tear to my eye.

SaruwatariKaito

Post by SaruwatariKaito » Sat May 28, 2011 5:43 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
SirClive wrote:Not sure what to make of this. When the iPad is out I reckon it is a great idea and I would be tempted. But reading on the iPhone I can't quite grasp and I am unlikely to shell out the £1.19 to test it out. But then again, I may do if others say it is good.

Are the out of print back issues available too?
they will be :)
hi darran, any idea when back issues will be available.

LAIS

Post by LAIS » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:26 am

I got an e-mail saying issue 20 and 21 of Retro Gamer are available on the app, yet they're not appearing as potential purchases within it, the earliest issue available is the Sega Megadrive edition. I'm wondering if there's a fix coming, or if the back issues actually aren't there yet? I don't really want to re-install the app as re-downloading all my in app magazine purchases is time consuming.

Mousey

Post by Mousey » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 am

look at it sideways wrote:I got an e-mail saying issue 20 and 21 of Retro Gamer are available on the app, yet they're not appearing as potential purchases within it, the earliest issue available is the Sega Megadrive edition. I'm wondering if there's a fix coming, or if the back issues actually aren't there yet? I don't really want to re-install the app as re-downloading all my in app magazine purchases is time consuming.
See the discussion going on here (scroll down a bit):

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... &start=225

RetroBob

Post by RetroBob » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:28 pm

Is anyone else getting spammed by new issue available emails tonight? Bloody annoying.
Xbox Live: RetroBob

retrosportsgmr

Post by retrosportsgmr » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:25 pm

RetroBob wrote:Is anyone else getting spammed by new issue available emails tonight? Bloody annoying.
I was getting spammed by push notifications through my phone of new issues. Was close to having to delete the app on my phone.
http://www.retrosportsgamer.com
Twitter: @retrosportsgmr

caffeinekid

Post by caffeinekid » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:50 am

Do print suscribers get the digital copy free as with a lot of other magazines and publishers?

I so how do I go about getting my Newsstand digital issues?

I have the magazine from issue #1 and having digital copies would be a nice perk.

Thanks.
10 PRINT "TCK IS COOL!";
20 GOTO 10

http://www.tcksoft.co.uk

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:52 am

No. Shame really.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 pm

caffeinekid wrote:I so how do I go about getting my Newsstand digital issues?
Well its quite easy, obviously on the Newstand app you search for retro gamer, or do that in the app store and it'll add the magazine to your Newstand. Then touch the app and it'll show you a huge list of RG issues to download and buy

caffeinekid

Post by caffeinekid » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:55 pm

psj3809 wrote:
caffeinekid wrote:I so how do I go about getting my Newsstand digital issues?
Well its quite easy, obviously on the Newstand app you search for retro gamer, or do that in the app store and it'll add the magazine to your Newstand. Then touch the app and it'll show you a huge list of RG issues to download and buy
Rather obviously, I would have thought, I meant without having to pay for them twice.

A number of magazines offer the digital version as a perk to subscribers of the print version - I was hopefully that Imagine did this also but alas it seems not, which is a shame.
10 PRINT "TCK IS COOL!";
20 GOTO 10

http://www.tcksoft.co.uk

yasw

Post by yasw » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Does the iOS version of the 100th issue not include the first issue?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:00 pm

caffeinekid wrote:A number of magazines offer the digital version as a perk to subscribers of the print version - I was hopefully that Imagine did this also but alas it seems not, which is a shame.
Also 'rather obviously' theyve never put anything in the magazine to say 'download your free digital copy'.

Be great if they did but a lot dont do this, i buy a few magazines/graphic novels but i always have to pay for the digital product seperately. At 'least' theyre 2.99 and not anymore

Sokurah

Post by Sokurah » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Darran,

I can see that the "getting the digital version for free with the printed edition" question has been raised before, and it doesn't look like you're considering it.

Now, how about a subscription - at a slightly higher price - that does that gives us the option?

I'm not going to cancel my subscription to the printed magainze - just to get the digital version and save some money...I'm quite happy with the printed magazine, but I'd like to have the issues on my ipad too, but I don't want to pay (too much) more on top of the price I'm already paying for my subscription. Not even £2.50 (considering it's for something I basically already have). And definitely not considering that once a new emag comes out you get about 25-30 issues for £20.

So, how about the option for subscribers of the printed magazine, to pay a bit more and get the digial version too? Is that something you'd consider?
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games. All freeware for PC & Mac.
Twitter: Sokurah

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm sure Darran can pass on your suggestions, but surely it's a matter for Imagine's higher authorities or money people rather than the editor of the magazine?
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords