IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SUBSCRIBERS/RENEWALS

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SUBSCRIBERS/RENEWALS

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:27 am

Our subs department has recently moved and it would appear that in the caffuffle a number of subscribers haven't been notified about their subs running out.

I can appreciate that this is highly frustrating, particularly with the new issue now due, but I have been told that this issue is being rectified.

In the meantime, if you think that your sub has run out, you may want to double check at 0870 428 8359 (+44 (0) 870 428 8359 for overseas). You should be able to state what issue the sub is to start from as well. There's also an email address: retrogamer@cisubs.co.uk

Kindest regards,
Darran

dmillburn

Post by dmillburn » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:57 am

Bity annoyed about this - didn't hear anything so called today to check on subscription and told it had run out. Renewed over the phone but

a) Told that I couldn't start with the missing issue 27 as it's out of stock so will have to pay full price for it

and

b) I was charged £21 whereas it's only £15 to subscribe via the website - only just found this out when I checked here

Chap on the phone has said I can cancel the new subscription by letter (unable to do this over the phone apparently) and then renew myself via the site - all in all it's a bit of a pain but it's £6 at the end of the day.

What address do I need to write to in order to cancel my existing sub so I can then renew here?
Darren J Millburn

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:01 am

Maybe there should be a forum area called 'Subscriptions'.

As the subs are outsourced (or at least not in the mag office), they could access that area of the forum and stop Daz getting all the flak about subs.

Just a suggestion.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:42 pm

Why not just make the subs 12 month rolling direct debits?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:06 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:Why not just make the subs 12 month rolling direct debits?
It was decided to do six months, because after the collapse of Live Publishing, a lot of readers said they would never take out a full year's subscription again.

Mr_Staypuft

Re: Important subs information

Post by Mr_Staypuft » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:42 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:(+44 (0) 870 428 8359 for overseas)
Darran,

How about an email address for overseas readers subs enquiries?

Paying to call the other side of the world,
with a 10 hour time difference.. seems pretty "pre-internet" to me.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:45 am

Is there anywhere I can subscribe online?.

I actually missed the last ish because everywhere round here that stocks it had sold out by the time I went to get myself a copy.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

sven

Post by sven » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:57 am

Mr_Staypuft wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:(+44 (0) 870 428 8359 for overseas)
How about an email address for overseas readers subs enquiries?
I second this suggestion. Darran, is there any email address we can use?

revgiblet

Re:

Post by revgiblet » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:22 am

FatTrucker wrote:Is there anywhere I can subscribe online?.

I actually missed the last ish because everywhere round here that stocks it had sold out by the time I went to get myself a copy.
I just resubscribed on http://www.retrogamer.net and that worked fine.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:16 pm

sven wrote:I second this suggestion. Darran, is there any email address we can use?
According to the subs renewal letter from Imagine, you use the email address retrogamer@cisubs.co.uk to contact them.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

kaiserpc

Post by kaiserpc » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:17 pm

Darren isn't it pretty easy to say who should or shouldn't have a subscription. I reckon a lot of subscribers will have had either 1, 2 or 3 free issues and then subscribed for 6 months after this. So can't you say something like "anyone who had 2 free issues and then took out a 6 month subscription, will need to renew their subscription"

I agree this is pretty annoying, and also isn't very professional.

And an online subscription service would be really useful.

Thanks.
c64 > spectrum 48k

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:59 am

Bear in mind that the subscriptions "department" is actually external, and it's not like Darran has any direct control over it. If anyone's really fretting over whether or not a subscription has run out, is it really that hard to make a single telephone call or write an email to the address mentioned by Mayhem? After all, it'd probably only take the same time as writing a couple of forum posts about subscriptions! (And, yes, I know one shouldn't have to do such a thing, but problems with services do occur.)
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Mr Winkle

Post by Mr Winkle » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:15 pm

i subscribed by direct debit, now usually the subscription carries on forever until i cancel it - is this the case retrogamer?

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:30 pm

yes it will carry on forever

sven

Post by sven » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Mayhem wrote:
sven wrote:I second this suggestion. Darran, is there any email address we can use?
According to the subs renewal letter from Imagine, you use the email address retrogamer@cisubs.co.uk to contact them.
Thanks. I got my reply today... For those who want to know, I took out a sub after getting three free issues, and it lapsed in july. I've resubbed now, but it seems I have to get the current issue from ... somewhere ... Hmf.