Issue 70 Feedback thread

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re: Issue 70 Feedback thread

Post by psj3809 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Dunjohn wrote:The e-discs are perfect for bringing on holidays, assuming you have a laptop. No matter the quality, being stuck abroad for two weeks with only a single issue of a magazine will drive anybody to indulge in potty behavior. That's what I use them for.
On holidays i like to stay away from computers 100% ! Might take one of the bookazines and a few others but like to have a break from the net/computers etc when i'm away

Gnome

Post by Gnome » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:55 am

Just a quick note of adoration for the Monkey Island feature. 't was absolutely brilliant!
Usually blogging over at Gnome's Lair, steadily into Retro Treasures and some cabaret.

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:11 am

Gnome wrote:Just a quick note of adoration for the Monkey Island feature. 't was absolutely brilliant!
And it confirmed the special edition of the second game too! :lol:

Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:23 pm

I believe the case was addressed a few issues earlier but I'd like to say it's nice to finally see in wide articles such as the Top 25 Dreamcast games the developers and the publishers getting credit/being listed. I expressed this gripe a while ago so it's a change for the better and one that better serves to inform. Nice issue otherwise, I look forward to the Toe Jam & Earl article forthcoming.
'We have awakened the terrible destructor....'

Nemesis2K

Post by Nemesis2K » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:53 am

This is the first retro gamer magazine I have bought (only because its next to impossible to buy) but I traveled to every shop within 20 miles until I found it. The MI article is fantastic. Good job!

Xyphoe

Post by Xyphoe » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Bit late replying, and I haven't read back through the many pages of comments but thought I'd add some quick feedback...

A brilliant all round issue, one of the best this year and a perfect balance. Beautiful cover too.
Well done Team RG.
I really liked the Lets All Play Paperboy feature too.

My only gripe would be the "Scary Games" article, which was fairly rubbish and pointless IMHO. I'm not sure who Tim Henderson is and if he's wrote for the magazine before, but in future I might avoid his articles if it's just going to be about him and his mates personal experiences. Seemed very few games were covered and became just a huge waste of space and filler. The focus of such article should be on the games and who was behind them and interesting facts and info, .... and should be stuffed to the gills with lots of them. So many were missed. I think there may have been a similar-ish article last year, which may account for the style this time round but if it's a case of avoiding recycling content from previous issues then feautre/cover something completely different. Sorry.
ImageImage