From the forum question for issue 28

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:12 pm

Mayhem wrote:A Versus challenge... thankfully the series in question isn't available via the usual places (yet) so no one can track down my performance and embarrass me :P
That wasnt from the Gamesworld show on Sky was it ? Or wont you say !

I know what you mean though ! I have embarassing pictures out there which some friends have found of my old computer days !

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:34 pm

Last month when I got my binary zone Speccy 48k photograph signed by the bald wonder Mr Clive Sinclair. It is now proudly hanging in the games room :D

TheHammerGod

Post by TheHammerGod » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:32 pm

I just returned to gaming heaven and beat all the core Super Mario Brothers games in order (SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, SM64, SMS and NSMB). I even had delusions of gradior and trying the "lost" Japanese SMB 2. Screw that - I am to old for that kind of suffering! lol.
Visit www.30secondgamers.org for your Nintendo hand-held reviews!

Mayhem

Re:

Post by Mayhem » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:56 pm

psj3809 wrote:That wasnt from the Gamesworld show on Sky was it ? Or wont you say !
Only GamesMaster had the joysticks now ;)

I meant the series in question isn't online in the usual spots yet, only 1 and 2 I think, and maybe 6.

I was also on GamesWorld too though less successful at the time, I got stiffed out on Pilotwings (the other two guys I was up against were ninja at it).
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:42 pm

Mayhem wrote:I meant the series in question isn't online in the usual spots yet, only 1 and 2 I think, and maybe 6.
There's a lot more than that on the go. Iirc theres around the first 4 series on the go and a few random eps. You may not be as safe as you think. Tbh I fast forward through most of Gamesmaster, most of the challenges are really dull to watch.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Shin_Gouki

Post by Shin_Gouki » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:39 pm

I would have a moment if I could finally beat Wonder Boy in Monster Land on the Master System. I have gotten close so many times but always die in the maze, or have so little health by the time I get to the Meka-Dragon that he completely obliterates me.

But this weekend, I can feel it... :twisted:
真・豪鬼

Submerge

Post by Submerge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:06 am

Completing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on the A500 with 1 drive and 11 disks. I spent more time watching the game load than I did playing it.
'Let his name be praised' - Lo Ray, Body Blows.

Robbo

Post by Robbo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:32 am

Winning the European Cup on SWOS 96/97 using HB (Faroe Islands team) in my second season of one particular career. I beat Real Madrid 4-3 and I think my best player at that time was only worth 350K, where as Real Madrid were FULL of multi-million pound valued players... The key was finding a striker whose rating was SFV (speed, finishing and shot power in that order) and a 3-5-2 formation...

Mad Gerald

Post by Mad Gerald » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:04 pm

One of mine would be owning the first Gameboy in Norwich.. £100 i paid for it and without a game too. I think i got boxxle with it at the same time

Or having my name in the credits of The BlackAdder CD-ROM (it has games on it).

Officially a crap gamer - but one that works for SEGA

will2097

Post by will2097 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:07 am

I once talked a female French exchange student into playing strip "Simon says" (anyone remember the MB game?) - does that count for anything? I was pretty proud of myself at the time. ...and the memories have lasted a lifetime...

Will

Antiriad2097

Re:

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:11 am

will2097 wrote:I once talked a female French exchange student into playing strip "Simon says" (anyone remember the MB game?) - does that count for anything? I was pretty proud of myself at the time. ...and the memories have lasted a lifetime...
Somewhere in France there's a young woman with horrible mental scars from the sight of a naked Will ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:18 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
will2097 wrote:I once talked a female French exchange student into playing strip "Simon says" (anyone remember the MB game?) - does that count for anything? I was pretty proud of myself at the time. ...and the memories have lasted a lifetime...
Somewhere in France there's a young woman with horrible mental scars from the sight of a naked Will ;)
She sits in the corner of a padded cell completely naked humming the "Simon says" tune you used to get at the end of each level to herself....
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image

revgiblet

Post by revgiblet » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 am

I don't have a proudest gaming moment. I am rightly ashamed of my gaming skillz.
"He who lives only to benefit himself confers on the world a benefit when he dies."

Tertullian

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:49 am

Don't any of you find Pac-Man slightly scary to be honest?

Randall Flagg

Re:

Post by Randall Flagg » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:58 pm

The Master wrote:Don't any of you find Pac-Man slightly scary to be honest?
quite the opposite.....vaguely erotic.....
Retrotechy.
Zapp Brannigan Quote - You remind me of a younger me Fry, Not much younger mind, Perhaps even a little older... Image