Where is my issue 69?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Spacepatrol

Where is my issue 69?

Post by Spacepatrol » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:26 am

I am being really impatient but after last month's early issue it has seemed like an age since my last fix of retro gamer. We usually get our subs copies about 6 days before it hits the shop. Still no copy today and it comes out on Tuesday so that's only one day early. I am assuming no one else has due to the lack of the issue 68 feedback thread.

It would have made the perfect hungover Saturday to have a new Retrogamer to ease me through the day. Boo!

FatTrucker

Re: Where is my issue 69?

Post by FatTrucker » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:55 am

Probably related to the post probs at the mo. I'm still waiting for Car Tax that I did online to come through, been over a week now. Mag usually turns up between the Friday and Monday prior to release week. Not got mine yet so fingers crossed for a Monday delivery.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:46 am

Got mine this morning :D

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:53 am

Sepp Salerno wrote:Got mine this morning :D
Did you really or are you just joking ? Let us know whats inside !

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:38 am

psj3809 wrote:
Sepp Salerno wrote:Got mine this morning :D
Did you really or are you just joking ? Let us know whats inside !
Yeah, for real I have it mailed to the office- Final Fantasy special, big look at the Space Harrier Cab, and the Sega Nomad :D as well as the making of the Die Hard Trilogy

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:33 am

Yep mine turned up today too.

Retro Reunited, AVP, Complete History of FF (9 pages), Making of Syndicate, WYMP Cabal, Nomad Retroinspection, Kung Fu Master, First Star Software from the Archives, piece on Youtube retro community, Coin Op Capers - massive piece on Space Harrier, and a look at Funspot, making of Die Hard Trilogy, In the chair with Geoff Crammond plus all the regular features and stuff......

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.

pforson

Post by pforson » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:37 am

Still waiting on mine. :(
WANTED: Amiga CD32 games. PM me. :)

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:36 pm

Just about to read mine in the bath :oops:

The Master

Post by The Master » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:52 pm

I'm rubbing mine. And touching it. Right now.
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:02 am

The Master wrote:I'm rubbing mine. And touching it. Right now.

Dan1980

Post by Dan1980 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm

It looks like im going to have to subscribe as well now as i went to buy it in my local WHsmith and was told buy a member of staff that they dont stock it in the putney branch any more as it was'nt that popular (even though i know they used to have at least ten copies on the shelf and always sold them all) so i tried to get it at the newsagent at the train station and he said he did not get any in his delivery.
Im not giving up though as i really want my mag so ill hunt round for it tomorrow :(

kochane

Post by kochane » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Yep none of the stores in Leeds seem to have issue 69 even now (26th Oct) - Ihave been to Borders and Smiths although Smiths do have the collection book? I asked the guy who works there and he had no idea - most helpful!

Will probably have to get online now but not sure about payinh p&p on top also!!!

Jet Pilot

Post by Jet Pilot » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Dan1980 wrote:It looks like im going to have to subscribe as well now as i went to buy it in my local WHsmith and was told buy a member of staff that they dont stock it in the putney branch any more as it was'nt that popular (even though i know they used to have at least ten copies on the shelf and always sold them all) so i tried to get it at the newsagent at the train station and he said he did not get any in his delivery.
Im not giving up though as i really want my mag so ill hunt round for it tomorrow :(
and
kochane wrote:Yep none of the stores in Leeds seem to have issue 69 even now (26th Oct) - Ihave been to Borders and Smiths although Smiths do have the collection book? I asked the guy who works there and he had no idea - most helpful!

Will probably have to get online now but not sure about payinh p&p on top also!!!
If you're going to purchase the magazine every month, why not save yourself the headaches and additional expense and just subscribe? It's cheaper, you get it sooner and you'll never have to walk further than your mailbox.
PSN ID: JetPiIot (the "L" in pilot is actually a capital "i")

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:38 am

Jet Pilot wrote:
Dan1980 wrote:It looks like im going to have to subscribe as well now as i went to buy it in my local WHsmith and was told buy a member of staff that they dont stock it in the putney branch any more as it was'nt that popular (even though i know they used to have at least ten copies on the shelf and always sold them all) so i tried to get it at the newsagent at the train station and he said he did not get any in his delivery.
and
kochane wrote:Yep none of the stores in Leeds seem to have issue 69 even now (26th Oct) - Ihave been to Borders and Smiths although Smiths do have the collection book? I asked the guy who works there and he had no idea - most helpful!

I 2nd the motion

If you're going to purchase the magazine every month, why not save yourself the headaches and additional expense and just subscribe? It's cheaper, you get it sooner and you'll never have to walk further than your mailbox.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:59 pm

Jet Pilot wrote: If you're going to purchase the magazine every month, why not save yourself the headaches and additional expense and just subscribe? It's cheaper, you get it sooner and you'll never have to walk further than your mailbox.
Heh, wish we had mailboxes here. Just have to put up with doormats for the time being.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.