Issue 67 Feedback

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Darran@Retro Gamer

Re: Issue 67 Feedback

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Team Alfie wrote:not jump to the conclusion that it's only a transcript of the forum threads, you can appreciate it more. It does the game a good service.
Exactly. It really winds me up when we're accused of pulling cheap copy from the forum. Still it's not as though it's going anywhere, I like it and so far we've had, what 4 or 5 people out of thousands complaining? I've already explained it's not going anyway, so if you don't like it use the other thread that was opened up, as this will just turn into another "ipod sucks" senario again.

HalcyonDaze00

Post by HalcyonDaze00 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
Team Alfie wrote:not jump to the conclusion that it's only a transcript of the forum threads, you can appreciate it more. It does the game a good service.
Exactly. It really winds me up when we're accused of pulling cheap copy from the forum. Still it's not as though it's going anywhere, I like it and so far we've had, what 4 or 5 people out of thousands complaining? I've already explained it's not going anyway, so if you don't like it use the other thread that was opened up, as this will just turn into another "ipod sucks" senario again.
And you have had what, 9 or 10 people out of thousands contributing to it ?

If you want to comment on the latest issue don't comment in the official feeback thread........."Gentlemen, you can't fight in here.... this is the war room"

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Is there any particular reason why you yourself HalcyonDaze00 don't feel like taking part in any of the lets all plays?
Splink!

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:43 pm

HalcyonDaze00 wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:
And you have had what, 9 or 10 people out of thousands contributing to it ?

If you want to comment on the latest issue don't comment in the official feeback thread........."Gentlemen, you can't fight in here.... this is the war room"
I've already explained that continual moaning isn't going to change my mind so why continue? Of course you can leave feedback, but if it's just to censored about a feature you don't particularly like then you can do it in the thread that was specifically set up for you. Otherwise nothing else in this thread is going to get a look in.
I'm going to leave this now, as I've got no intentions of going around in circles for yet another month. Life's too short and I have youtube videos to post.

takesages

Post by takesages » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:14 pm

I haven't picked up the latest copy yet, but I'd like to say I really enjoyed the first LAP and it was one of the key things that prompted me to join up with the community - not so much becuase I wanted to join in but because it sounded like a great community of people... I think it's a great way to dissect a game that doens't follow the simple 'review' or 'making of' formula. What's wrong with getting a few opinions of the community rather than that of the staff now and again?

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:39 am

Personally I thought the section was better this time than last , but perhaps that's in part due to me liking the game more. I cannot see any reason why we SHOULDNT have a community feature , but I guess just like anything else it's a matter of opinion.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:04 am

I still stand by my suggestion that we should LAP a retro shamer one month! The pain! The agony! It'd be fun.....

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:23 am

Timothy Lumsden wrote:I still stand by my suggestion that we should LAP a retro shamer one month! The pain! The agony! It'd be fun.....
Transbot on the Master System would be ripe for that :P

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:26 am

I am very up for a master system game as LAP! (was transbot pre-op or post-op, I could never tell.....)

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 am

Timothy Lumsden wrote:I still stand by my suggestion that we should LAP a retro shamer one month! The pain! The agony! It'd be fun.....
Ninja Master, anyone?
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Dunjohn

Post by Dunjohn » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:16-bit games are better than 8-bit ones.
A gentleman and a scholar, sir, a gentleman and a scholar.

My magazines don't reach me until probably the Thursday after they reach the first guys so I've that long to read the rest of the last issue. Wherever it. I remember the cover is green, shouldn't be too hard to spot around here...

Haven't contributed to any of the LAPs yet because I haven't owned any of the games featured. Ironically, I've only played the Master System version of Moonwalker. I'll admit, it's not my favourite article in the magazine, but not absolutely everything's going to appeal to me. And if it gets regular readers onto the forums, all the better.
It's called a MEGADRIVE

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:43 pm

*sigh* is this LAP argument still raging?

The RG team has already given in on one subject (integrating the iphone stuff into the reviews section) so we should be satisfied with that at least and just accept it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Sims 3 review :?
Thought we had done away with the non-retro/non-retro related reviews.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:38 pm

I haven't even got my copy yet :( and I love the look of the front cover.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:16 pm

SirClive wrote:Sims 3 review :?
Thought we had done away with the non-retro/non-retro related reviews.
Since when was that agreed? I stated we wouldn't do any sports games in the future, but don't remember saying anything else.

Anyway I won't be visiting the feedback thread for the forseable future, it's far too depressing. I'm putting all my energy into making the mag as good as I can instead. I'm going to start acting like every other editor. Maybe then you might appreciate the effort we actually put in then. I'm all for constructive feedback as it's a great way of improving the mag, but i don't like to see the feedback thread bogged down with the same old topics, it's just getting incredibly frustrating and pulls away from everyone's enjoyment. There are plenty of threads for stating your disappointment for existing topics so why not use those? If anyone needs to get in contact with me then send an email to my usual address.

See yah!