How to buy issues 21-24 and current issues online?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Post Reply
User avatar
mike_nz
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:34 pm

How to buy issues 21-24 and current issues online?

Post by mike_nz » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Sorry if this has been raised before.

Will it be possible to buy single current issues of RetroGamer online in the future? Or in particular some of the older issues eg. #21 -24?
Living in NZ it is really difficult to find Retrogamer locally. (In fact impossible).
I used to subscribe but at the moment I cannot afford to take out a new subscription. (Those horrible International shipping rates).
I would love to be able to casually buy the odd issue online from the RetroGamer site.

User avatar
Retroscrooge
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Retroscrooge » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:49 pm

I'd also like to know the answer to this.
Retrogaming since 1895.

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dudley » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:24 am

Use Skype to phone? ;)
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

User avatar
Retroscrooge
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Retroscrooge » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:46 am

So I can buy the latest issue over the phone? Strange they don't advertise this on the website, but it's good to know. Thanks.

(I also think it's strange the back issues page only features issues of the "old" Retro Gamer - I assume it's possible to buy back issues of "new" RG as well?)

I wish they'd offer online purchase options, though. We're not in the nineties any more, and it would be so much easier for people who don't speak english very well (like myself - writing and speaking are two very different things) to order online instead of over the phone.

Besides, it's just good business sense to make your products as easy to buy as possible, and nothing beats reading about an issue of RG online, deciding that you're interested, and clicking the buy button.
Retrogaming since 1895.

User avatar
Darran@Retro Gamer
Posts: 6780
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:34 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:54 am

the website will be updated soon.
Image

User avatar
Retroscrooge
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Retroscrooge » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:51 pm

Thanks for the response, Darran. I'll keep an eye on the website, then. :)
Retrogaming since 1895.

Weblaus
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re:

Post by Weblaus » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:19 am

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:the website will be updated soon.
That's good to know. Please remind the people working on it to include an "start subscription with issue #" field (i.e. the same thing that's in the magazine, but not online yet) on the subcription page...

User avatar
Darran@Retro Gamer
Posts: 6780
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:34 am
Location: Bournemouth
Contact:

Re:

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:37 pm

Weblaus wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:the website will be updated soon.
That's good to know. Please remind the people working on it to include an "start subscription with issue #" field (i.e. the same thing that's in the magazine, but not online yet) on the subcription page...
I doubt that will be available on the website, as overseas can order from it.

Basically because of timing etc, there's no guarentee that there would be that issue available for you. I think the start from date is only going to be for people in the UK.

I will look into this though.
Image

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Re:

Post by Dudley » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:09 pm

Retroscrooge wrote:So I can buy the latest issue over the phone? Strange they don't advertise this on the website, but it's good to know. Thanks.

(I also think it's strange the back issues page only features issues of the "old" Retro Gamer - I assume it's possible to buy back issues of "new" RG as well?)
I keep hearing this.

No, new RG is on the back issues page and has been since the 2nd issue of new RG.
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

User avatar
Retroscrooge
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:55 pm

Post by Retroscrooge » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:50 pm

I'm not talking about the page in the mag (which I hadn't even looked at), I'm talking about the one on the website.
Retrogaming since 1895.

User avatar
Dudley
Posts: 8720
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:53 pm
Contact:

Post by Dudley » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:56 pm

Oh!
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Weblaus
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re:

Post by Weblaus » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:41 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I doubt that will be available on the website, as overseas can order from it.

Basically because of timing etc, there's no guarentee that there would be that issue available for you. I think the start from date is only going to be for people in the UK.

I will look into this though.
I see your point, but overseas readers could order via the magazine voucher as well, and there's no mention of that particular option not being available for them.

Since it's a "I would like to" kind of thing, it's no writte guarantee, so I guess this should be fine. It's just that, in my case, when I re-subscribe now with one issue left on my current deal, I can't tell them to start the extension with the issue following that. And I'd like to be sure on this instead of possibly receiving an issue twice - I do recall a few people saying here that happened to them when they subscriped during the free-issues-phase when RG was re-started.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests