What's this? My game in issue 9? :-D

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Thulsadoom

What's this? My game in issue 9? :-D

Post by Thulsadoom » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:52 am

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and would like to say hello! I'm a big fan of retro gaming, and a casual reader of retro gamer...

I used to use a Sam Coupe, and I was busilly looking through a couple of the sites... when I found an extract from Issue 9 of Retro Gamer... And lo-and-behold, to my surprise, what was it? A mention of the Sam Revival magazine, that heavilly mentioned the game I wrote, Invasion II! (Even down to the tag line under the screen shots of "With quality games like this, makes you wonder why the Sam never took off")

Well, needless to say I was extremely chuffed, I looked to see if I could buy a copy of issue 9, which is now sold out. I'd like to know if anybody has a copy of this they wouldn't mind selling? Or perhaps if any of the magazine writers wouldn't mind sending a proper copy of the article? :-D It would be greatly appreciated!

I'm now working in the flash/director/web programming/graphic design world, but the Sam Coupe is where I started! :-D

Devin

Post by Devin » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:09 pm

A couple of those are for sale on ebay.co.uk if you fancy bidding on one. Otherwsie what I have is my own personal collection, no doubles to offer :(
www.blackmoonproject.co.uk - Philips CD-i Gaming... Honest!

Thulsadoom

Post by Thulsadoom » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:08 am

Thanks for that! ;-) Will take a look!

Thulsadoom

Post by Thulsadoom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:36 am

Well, I got a copy issue 9... and discovered even more to my luck, that my game was featured in the Your Sinclair free mini-mag! First one after the contents, on page 4, in fact! :-D

Does anyone know if Retro Gamer has done any more issues with a Your Sinclair freebie?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:37 am

Nope that was the only one. They also did an excellent Zzap 64 supplement in one of the later issues which was also very very good.

Thulsadoom

Post by Thulsadoom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:49 am

Well, at least I can proudly say I got my game covered in the last ever issue of Your Sinclair! :-D I always used to enjoy getting it, back in my old spectrum days! Shame I didn't get my name in, but at least I got a couple of screen shots and favourable comments! lol! Ahhh, the fame and glory! :P

R. Prime

Post by R. Prime » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:31 am

Nice work! While we're on the topic, or we're not, I got my game published on the covertape of Zzap #100. I was supposed to get £50 for my trouble, but it never came.

Ahh the good old days... :?

Thulsadoom

Post by Thulsadoom » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:05 am

Nice one! Yeah, the good old days, where it was just seeing it published that made it all worth while... honest... ;-) Speaking of which, I did get 2 of my previous games published as well, on FRED which was a disc magazine for the Coupe! :D

TMR

Re:

Post by TMR » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:16 am

R. Prime wrote:Nice work! While we're on the topic, or we're not, I got my game published on the covertape of Zzap #100. I was supposed to get £50 for my trouble, but it never came.

Ahh the good old days... :?
i got paid by Commodore Format... considering they turned around and wanted it a month earlier than had previously been said, was a good job too!