Official feedback for Issue 64

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

The Master

Re: Unofficial feedback for Issue 64

Post by The Master » Sat May 16, 2009 6:12 pm

witchfinder wrote:If by medication you mean a drug usually associated with the tranquilazation of horses, then yes, that's what happened... :shock:
Haha, really!? Christ, what the hell. Ket's not exactly a "social" substance... :o
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

clarance

Post by clarance » Sat May 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Well... I had a mate that took ketamine, stripped down to his Y-fronts and proceeded to scream out his life story at the top of his voice for a few hours, so I think all attending the Q/A got off quite lightly.
Death may be your Santa Claus.

Jax

Post by Jax » Sat May 16, 2009 6:31 pm

Mine arrived early, but been too busy to really read it yet, but great so far, Last Ninja is just an awsome game, so have read the
John Twiddy piece 8)

But opportunity missed or what, this is issue 64, so surely it should be all about the spectrum :lol:

GarryG

Post by GarryG » Sat May 16, 2009 10:18 pm

I want a Virtual Boy!

It just got an undeserved kick-in-the-teath by people who couldn't see past the normal average console IMO :wink:

Another good issue though.
Why not visit my ramblings at Garry's Gaming Blog

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Well I'm in a pic for the Byte Back review, so it has to be a good issue ;)

Good John Twiddy stuff, never seen many interviews with him over the years. The Last Ninja artwork btw was done by Steinar Lund, just that System 3 decided to keep it as part of the contract instead of him retaining the original as per most jobs. Otherwise I would have probably wanted to purchase it from him :lol:

I liked Stu's Tetris piece although I must be up on my Tetris, I had heard of all ten of them (and played a couple myself)...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun May 17, 2009 3:21 am

As I am now a very happy subscriber, it was a joy to receive this through my letter box on Saturday....

However I am not happy with my 3d ninja cover which threw a 3d nunchuk at me when I opened up to the first page......I was then truly dismayed to discover a small robotic ninja jump out of the back cover and slice my right arm off using a paper kitana.

The blood has splattered 3 of the pages.....can you please ensure when you do these fancy dan 3d interactive magazines that the pages are coated in some kind of anticoagulant product to prevent staining.

:wink:

Brilliant issue (again !!)

sscott

Post by sscott » Sun May 17, 2009 5:43 am

Dissapointed to see the front cover didn't open out into 72 sections! Liked the Dandy game review and John Twiddy interview, also the Virtual Boy article was excellent. Hopefully now Darran can stop mentioning his unhealthy obsession with Garou: Mark of the Wolves after its own article too! :wink:

AlleyKat

Post by AlleyKat » Sun May 17, 2009 6:08 am

clarance wrote:Well... I had a mate that took ketamine, stripped down to his Y-fronts and proceeded to scream out his life story at the top of his voice for a few hours, so I think all attending the Q/A got off quite lightly.
That would've been more useful from a Q&A point of view than being catatonic. I quite like the idea of an 8 bit programmer standing in their pants and socks bellowing industry anecdotes whilst off their tits on drugs.

New feature maybe?

:)
speed/missile/double/laser/option/?

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 am

good to see a few more adverts popping up in the issue (seriously) - more ads must=better chance the mag will run and run. thought the deodorant one was mystery? do they think all retro heads stink...at worst I'm....aromatic :wink:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun May 17, 2009 8:58 am

Timothy Lumsden wrote: thought the deodorant one was mystery? do they think all retro heads stink...at worst I'm....aromatic :wink:
You obviously havent been to many retro events ! Emo kid , meet Mr Deodrant...

coevin

Post by coevin » Sun May 17, 2009 9:18 am

Excellant issue i would have loved to have the ninja's eyes as a fold out poster haha. Anyways with all the talk of last ninja, did anyone manage to find out what the hell has happened to the psp and wii remakes???? Was kinda annyoed no new information was mentioned in the article.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sun May 17, 2009 9:21 am

Please can someone post a copy of the cover? I'm dying to see it!!!
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sun May 17, 2009 10:56 am

I was under the impression the wii and psp remakes of the last ninja had been canned.-Seems every time they announce a remake,it gets so far along,then plug is pulled.

Been waiting for the def.remake since the xbox version was shown.

coevin

Post by coevin » Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Yeah it probably has but some information would be nice on this if possible. The screenshots looked pretty good in an earlier issue of retro gamer.

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun May 17, 2009 12:10 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:Please can someone post a copy of the cover? I'm dying to see it!!!
I tried to scan it, but with it having all the 3D pop-up bits, and arm & leg levers, it didn't come out very well.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V