Official feedback for Issue 64

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

SirClive

Re: Unofficial feedback for Issue 64

Post by SirClive » Sat May 16, 2009 7:42 am

I'm sure he has been in the mag before with far better quotes than that. It can't be the best quote you had surely!

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat May 16, 2009 7:56 am

Ahhh,guess that`ll be what the postie has just delivered.Earlier than usual or not? :lol:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat May 16, 2009 8:07 am

witchfinder wrote:
The most significant thing I've noticed from a critical point of view is that QWAK was spelt wrong on the front cover - EPIC FAIL! :roll:
I never spotted that....i was hypnotised by those eyes....eyes.....eyes...
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Sat May 16, 2009 9:36 am

Got mine this morning - the first time I have ever got mine on a saturday - usually turns up mon/tue for me.

Only had a quick flick, I like to save RG for nighttime so I can enjoy it with a cuppa (censored I sound like an old man).

Quick question - I read through the byte back article, whats all the Joffa business? Can someone fill me or point me to a thread?

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Sat May 16, 2009 9:41 am

Havantgottaclue wrote:I love Frostbite.

Oh, and there's other stuff too.

New Issue ??? Wuh...????

Not got mine yet - Is that 2600 Frostbite? If so , that is excellent news indeed
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Sat May 16, 2009 10:23 am

Only had a quick flick (still reading older issues at the moment) but I really like the "Retro Radar" sections. Looks like it'll be a cracking issue. I enjoyed reading the Byte Back article, was nice to see something on the Q&As I unfortunately missed!

A bit of a shock to see Iain Lee contributing though! Did anyone know about this beforehand or am I just behind the times? Nice to see a celeb really into their retro gaming though :)

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:36 am

ismellicecream wrote:Quick question - I read through the byte back article, whats all the Joffa business? Can someone fill me or point me to a thread?
I think Joffa is on some type of medication, hes not keen at all with public events so i think either took too much medication as he was nervous or had a fair bit of booze to try to ease his nerves so was in a mess sadly. He was asleep during most of the Q/A session apart from the odd comment. Brave of him to go to an event like this (as he obviously doesnt like social events), was a shame as to most of us Joffa Smith produced some brilliant Speccy games back in the heyday.

He posts frequently over at World of Spectrum and its very interesting hearing his stories about the Ocean days, hes also 'nearly' completed a new Speccy game called Saucer so i cant wait for that. Its great to have him over at WOS where he answers most questions etc.
Last edited by psj3809 on Sat May 16, 2009 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat May 16, 2009 11:05 am

:lol: Qwak with a K? If these forums are anything to go by,then you`ll be bombarded by complaints.Grammar police allways out in force on the internet.

On a much more serious note,only had a quick read through.Wonderous issue. :D

Team Alfie

Post by Team Alfie » Sat May 16, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm getting bored. Bored every month of saying that the latest issue of RG is the best yet, but once again I'm convinced that's the case.

A Virtual Boy Retroinspection has been my most eagerly awaited for some time, and it didn't disappoint.

Making of Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Awesome.

RetroRadar's revamp is refreshing and Iain Lee's column is a great new addition to it, though he does look like he's suffered a stroke in the drawing of him.

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Sat May 16, 2009 12:28 pm

psj3809 wrote:
ismellicecream wrote:Quick question - I read through the byte back article, whats all the Joffa business? Can someone fill me or point me to a thread?
I think Joffa is on some type of medication, hes not keen at all with public events so i think either took too much medication as he was nervous or had a fair bit of booze to try to ease his nerves so was in a mess sadly. He was asleep during most of the Q/A session apart from the odd comment. Brave of him to go to an event like this (as he obviously doesnt like social events), was a shame as to most of us Joffa Smith produced some brilliant Speccy games back in the heyday.

He posts frequently over at World of Spectrum and its very interesting hearing his stories about the Ocean days, hes also 'nearly' completed a new Speccy game called Saucer so i cant wait for that. Its great to have him over at WOS where he answers most questions etc.
So was he different from usual, or is it his typical personality? I like Joffas games but, like most retro devs, dont know much about his personal life. I'm a member of the WOS forums but dont post much.

witchfinder

Post by witchfinder » Sat May 16, 2009 1:32 pm

psj3809 wrote:i think either took too much medication as he was nervous or had a fair bit of booze to try to ease his nerves so was in a mess sadly.
If by medication you mean a drug usually associated with the tranquilazation of horses, then yes, that's what happened... :shock:

The gory details are mostly covered in forum threads on WoS and The Ocean Experienece, all of which are linked from the Byte Back site if you really want to read them...
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.
Mastertronic Chronicles - Mastertronic C64 Game Collecting and Reviews
My Youtube Channel (featuring Mastertronic, Funspot, REPLAY and more!)

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sat May 16, 2009 2:36 pm

thevulture wrote: If these forums are anything to go by,then you`ll be bombarded by complaints.Grammar police allways out in force on the internet.
One 'l' in always............. :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

ninjabearhug

Post by ninjabearhug » Sat May 16, 2009 3:04 pm

I've only had a quick flick through the mag so far, but there doesn't seem to be much content in there that interests me TBH. Seems to be mainly 8 bit computers and not much for the console addicts. The Shinobi article looks like it'll be an interesting read though and I really like the new look.

Igorthegreen

Post by Igorthegreen » Sat May 16, 2009 4:28 pm

Can someone post the cover?
Join my '8-BIT KIDS' book Kickstarter at http://tinyurl.com/c64club

clarance

Post by clarance » Sat May 16, 2009 4:37 pm

ninjabearhug wrote:I've only had a quick flick through the mag so far, but there doesn't seem to be much content in there that interests me TBH. Seems to be mainly 8 bit computers and not much for the console addicts.
:) :) :) Cant wait to get mine :) :) :)
Death may be your Santa Claus.