Official feedback for Issue 64

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Timothy Lumsden

Re: Official feedback for Issue 64

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Mon May 18, 2009 5:10 pm

will the stealthy Ninja cover be even hard to find in smiths? :lol:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Great issue this time lads, only skimmed it so far but a good mix of features, with things I already know (Quedex) and things I don't (Dandy). This month I am most looking forward to the Beyond feature. And being able to read the mag properly again, a thankful return to normal covers tastefully done. Pity there's not more on Byte Back, the pics don't do it justice, but I guess you had to be there. Surprise guest in Iain Lee too - he turned up on One Life Left a few weeks back, suitably embarrassed by some of his earlier gaming work. Some of us still have copies of Thumb Bandits Iain ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

merman

Post by merman » Mon May 18, 2009 7:20 pm

There were more photos, but there was a lot of text to cram in... I'll do a DVD extras thread later in the week.
Last edited by merman on Tue May 19, 2009 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Duddyroar

Re: Unofficial feedback for Issue 64

Post by Duddyroar » Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 am

arthur071169 wrote:Coincidentally, I have been in contact with christian radke (Page 58 "a collectors dream").
He had this to say to me this morning...

"Oh, interesting! I recently did an interview with Retrogamer for that article and they promised to send me a copy of the article but didn't... Well, could you be so kind to send it to me? "

Rather than scan and send, perhaps one of your good selves would be so kind ?
I am sure you have his email, if not I can provide.
Christian has contacted me as well, I'll be sending him a PDF scan of the VB feature as soon as I have my own copy of the mag. I did explain to him that I would have to scan it in before I could send it over.

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 am

Half way through reading my copy, was very happy to see Iain Lee appear as a writer for the magazine, I just hope future collumns will be a bit more lenghty though. His radio show is fantastic.

Also pleased to see Paul Davies Join the team.

The mag is certainly more slick and mainstream these days, but still a thoroughly good read, well done folks.
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

neuromancer

Post by neuromancer » Tue May 19, 2009 11:00 am

What happened to the usual high-quality cover image at the start of the thread - that one's just the poor quality scan I made in a hurry the other night (and posted on page 4 of this thread). It really doesn't do justice to the real cover. Which is the best since the PacMan cover.

RuySan

Post by RuySan » Tue May 19, 2009 1:07 pm

Not enough Amiga :(

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Cant please everyone ! There is a feature on Qwak or Kwak as Darren likes to call it ;)

rainbird rich

Re: Unofficial feedback for Issue 64

Post by rainbird rich » Tue May 19, 2009 5:27 pm

merman wrote:
Brilliant to read the story behind Frankie, great work on the Beyond Software piece Richard.
Thanks! :-)

If I get the chance I'll try and make the much longer 'writers cut' available somewhere if anyone's interested?

One small correction has come to light since I wrote the article. My memory was obviously playing tricks on me, as the Spectrum version of Star Trek was actually much more playable than I remembered and was only 4-6 weeks away from completion (according to the programmer).
Richard H.
http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk
Memories of Telecomsoft

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue May 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Mine still not turned up :(

not usually this late? :?
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

avoidz

Post by avoidz » Tue May 19, 2009 11:16 pm

Not sure when this issue will reach Mad Max territory here, but it looks like another great read :)

(Never did get into those Last Ninja games, though.)

ShadowMan

Post by ShadowMan » Wed May 20, 2009 3:31 am

Just had a quick flick through it, I'm looking forward to reading all the "makings of" and the Virtual Boy article. I absolutely loved the "Pixel Perfect" Megaman feature, probably my favourite bit in the entire magazine this month! Couple of little nitpicks though (sorry!) Eddie first appeared in Megaman 4, while Beat first appeared in Megaman 5.
My Complete Megaman/Rockman collection: http://retrogamer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26485 *Updated 22/05/2011*

hydr0x

Post by hydr0x » Wed May 20, 2009 9:28 am

woohoo, it's already arrived over here in Germany :) Looking good, albeit a bit C64 heavy. As tomorrow is a bank holiday (at least over here) which is the perfect time to read most of it :)

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 am

hydr0x wrote:woohoo, it's already arrived over here in Germany :) Looking good, albeit a bit C64 light. As tomorrow is a bank holiday (at least over here) which is the perfect time to read most of it :)
Fixed that for you :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Wed May 20, 2009 12:48 pm

'C64-heavy' is a curious description of an issue with precisely one C64-specific piece (the Quedex DPS), although, granted, a lot of Twiddy's stuff is C64-oriented.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com