how to order older issues?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kuckkuck

how to order older issues?

Post by kuckkuck » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:25 am

hi,
there is only a telefon number on the website, where i can order older issues. will there be or is there an email addresse or a website form where i can order older retro gamer issues?

thanks a lot.

LeeT

Post by LeeT » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:58 am

There a back issues ad in RG19 - You can phone 01202 586200 for them. Issues 5,12,14,15,16,27,18 are availible.

kuckkuck

Post by kuckkuck » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:38 pm

yes - i know.
but a call from germany with all the address and creditcard details is much more difficult and expensive than a secure web fom.
will it be possible via email (i just have subscribed to the retro gamer and they still have my credit card and address details) or via a web form?

sparky

Re:

Post by sparky » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:52 am

LeeT wrote:There a back issues ad in RG19 - You can phone 01202 586200 for them. Issues 5,12,14,15,16,27,18 are availible.
Issue 27.

I want it. :wink:

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:01 am

Lee! Quick, make your escape! Everyone knows about the time machine!
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Quaid

Post by Quaid » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:29 pm

LOL

Bardur

Re: how to order older issues?

Post by Bardur » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:41 am

kuckkuck wrote:hi,
there is only a telefon number on the website, where i can order older issues. will there be or is there an email addresse or a website form where i can order older retro gamer issues?

thanks a lot.
kuckkuck wrote:yes - i know.
but a call from germany with all the address and creditcard details is much more difficult and expensive than a secure web fom.
will it be possible via email (i just have subscribed to the retro gamer and they still have my credit card and address details) or via a web form?
I find myself in the same situation (except that I'm not in Germany,but in Norway)
It would be an expensive call, since I recon all details must be spelled letter by letter to get'em right ;-)

BTW, good luck and a big thank you to the RG-staff!

lemon-rev

Post by lemon-rev » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:14 pm

i am in australia and i do not wish to call a english number thats going to cost me something like 2$ a min when i need to be on for at least 5 mins giving details, look we need this site to have an indevidual buy back mag's and because this site was up only on the day of trade the thing about subscriptions not being able to have issue 19 i think is verry verry stuffed up, i have said this before i didnt want to say it again but here it is.

OUT lemon-rev

CraigGrannell

Post by CraigGrannell » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:38 pm

I'm actually kind of surprised that calls are so expensive overseas (and, by the sounds of it, calls from Iceland weren't actually all that bad when I was living there!). While British Telecom is a total rip-off, there are plenty of companies in the UK that offer discount calls (call18866.co.uk, for instance, offers calls of 2p/min to Australia and Germany, and just 0.5p/min to Norway). I'm surprised other countries don't have something like this.
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

lemon-rev

Post by lemon-rev » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:57 pm

CraigGrannell

Yes we have these phone discount cards u can call a number before u even start to dial, please add that is about a 10 digit number then say for instance internationally, it would be say 0011 + counrty code, then your final number that your trying to call, even so, i should not have to call a phone number in the uk just to order a back issue or a current issue of anything, this is the first time i have seen this absence of buy per issue or no order for issue by issue, this is getting painfull , i would like to order issue 19 if thats what i have to do but i am not going to call an over seas number just to order something that should have come the the all in 1 subscription when this web page opened up.

OUT lemon-rev

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:42 am

Live was the only company I EVER saw that had individual issue buying online.

Also what IS this epidemic of post signing? We can all look left!
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

romanista

Post by romanista » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:02 am

tele 2, which lets us cvall for something like 0.05 euro cents a minute to the uk is also active in norway (http://www.tele2.no/) and germany (tele2.de)

i checked their site for you, it is only 4 eurocent a minute from germany by using their preselect function

and assuming that stor britanien is the uk, these are the norwegian tariff
Storbritania Europa 1 fixed:0.49 mobile:2.53
in krones/minute

seeing thyat their are about 11 krones in a pound, that should be reasonable as well...
Macretro, for all your retrogames on the mac

Retroscrooge

Re:

Post by Retroscrooge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:26 am

Dudley wrote:Live was the only company I EVER saw that had individual issue buying online.
Let's hope more companies (i.e. Imagine) learn from them, then. I honestly don't understand what's so difficult about giving people the chance to buy individual issues of the mag online. It's the most sensible thing to do these days anyway. Cheaper for them, easier for us.
Last edited by Retroscrooge on Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retrogaming since 1895.

LeeT

Re:

Post by LeeT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:47 pm

CraigGrannell wrote:Lee! Quick, make your escape! Everyone knows about the time machine!
I tell you, if you think Issue 19 was great, wait till you see 27.... :wink:

martin_f

Re:

Post by martin_f » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:04 am

lemon-rev wrote:i am in australia and i do not wish to call a english number thats going to cost me something like 2$ a min when i need to be on for at least 5 mins giving detailsOUT lemon-rev
I must be missing something here. I live in sydney, and regularly call my uncle in brighton for a chat, *and* don't pay a fortune. I recently rang imagine to sort out my subscription (and chase up my complementary issues). The conversation was pretty brief and very to the point ... furthermore I found the lady I was speaking to, to be very helpful (she even said they would ring me back, rather than adding to my phone bill)...

Speaking to someone (i.e. a real person) , can be much more useful / helpful in sorting stuff out than trying to have a conversation via the web or email !

Martin