how to order older issues?

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

kuckkuck

Post by kuckkuck » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:38 am

i ordererd four older issues and now i am getting every day an issue. thats fun.
every issue is sent seperatly :lol: Thats fun.

thanks a lot..........

Cloud Atlas

Post by Cloud Atlas » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:54 am

So the bottom line is, we won't be able to order back issues online in the foreseeable future? The cost of a phone call is not my main personal concern, I just hate going through the terrible pain of talking to people :?

Wyluli

Post by Wyluli » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:41 am

I also think we should be able to order back issues online. If you can subscribe online, it should be easy to set up a way to order back issues. It is way more convenient for us folks living oversees (not to mention we already pay a lot for the magazine and don't need the added cost of phone calls, and then there is the British accent to work with :-)

Darran@Retro Gamer

Post by Darran@Retro Gamer » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:27 pm

I'll have a word with the powers that be after the bank holiday and see if back issues can be ordered online...

Wils

Re:

Post by Wils » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:01 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:... and see if back issues can be ordered online...
It would be *marvellous* if they could. Coming at this debate from a different angle; I've been wanting to get a copy of Issue 19, but have been put off from ordering it so far as I'm hard of hearing, causing obvious problems with the phone. Having the ability to order online would be a definite boon.
Still the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Wyluli

Re:

Post by Wyluli » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:47 pm

Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I'll have a word with the powers that be after the bank holiday and see if back issues can be ordered online...
This would be great! Thanks a bunch and keep us posted please. (bank holiday? What bloody bank holiday?)

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:11 pm

One of those few times we get a bonus day off (think akin to your Labor Day).
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Dudley

Re:

Post by Dudley » Mon May 01, 2006 4:20 am

Wyluli wrote:
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I'll have a word with the powers that be after the bank holiday and see if back issues can be ordered online...
This would be great! Thanks a bunch and keep us posted please. (bank holiday? What bloody bank holiday?)
BREAKING NEWS!

Other countries have different customs!

Film at 11!
Yesterzine - The Literal Magazine Show
http://yesterzine.co.uk | @Yesterzine on Twitter | yesterzineshow@gmail.com

Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny » Wed May 03, 2006 3:45 pm

Couldn't we have the Anthology listed under back issues?

...please? :?

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Fri May 05, 2006 7:47 am

Cloud Atlas wrote:So the bottom line is, we won't be able to order back issues online in the foreseeable future? The cost of a phone call is not my main personal concern, I just hate going through the terrible pain of talking to people :?
Damn ! This is sometimes why i hate the internet, people instead of calling and talking to each other send txts/email messages all the time !

When i phoned up for my subscription (granted from England) the lady on the phone was very very quick indeed and it didnt take long at all.

Try calling the line, its not that scary talking to real people you know ! ;)

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri May 05, 2006 8:38 am

2 points

1 - I'm not going to read my credit card number down an unsecured phone line. I'm not insane.

2 - The call is of course so much more expensive from outside the UK and for the USians and the Aussians there's the not so small "Timezone" issue too.

CraigGrannell

Re:

Post by CraigGrannell » Fri May 05, 2006 8:42 am

psj3809 wrote:Damn ! This is sometimes why i hate the internet, people instead of calling and talking to each other send txts/email messages all the time !
Which is even worse when this is office-based. When I was consulting for an agency a few years back, the person who sat right next to me would always send me emails, which wound me up a treat. When I asked why they didn't just talk to me, they always said that they didn't want to disturb me (which, of course, is exactly what the flashing "you have mail" dialog did...)
iPhone/iPod/iPad game/app reviews: http://www.iphonetiny.com

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri May 05, 2006 11:03 am

I don't send emails, I throw things.

Dimrill

Post by Dimrill » Tue May 16, 2006 5:36 am

I've phoned up three issues in a row now to be told each time that issue 13 isn't available, even though it's still listed on the back issues page :x

psj3809

Re:

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:59 am

Dudley wrote:2 points

1 - I'm not going to read my credit card number down an unsecured phone line. I'm not insane.
Many people dont buy anything off the net still thinking their bank details will automatically be stolen. Some people dont ever use holes in the walls to get their money out fearing everything will be taken out of their account.

For 15 years i've given my credit card number down an unsecured phone, i'm not insane. Many many people do this.

Do you get your new cheque book through the post or go in to your bank to get it ??

I had my cheque book stolen my the local postie and cheques were used. I'm not going to go over the top and pick up my cheque book from the bank.

How many people used to fill in details of their bank details and send this off for a new subscription or a game or something else ? You can get mugged, someone gets your details off the net, details off an unsecured line, someone nick your chequebook etc etc. Cant go round worrying about them. The two times this has happened to me i didnt lose any money so i'm quite trustworthy when it comes to my bank/credit card as i wasnt out of pocket the two times at all.

The original email we are talking about the poster wasnt moaning about the cost of the phone call but the fact that he has to (shock horror) talk to people ! As for point #2 an aussie also posted to say it didnt cost much, didnt take long and the timezone wasnt a problem