Official feedback for ISSUE 61

Want to air your opinions on the latest issue of Retro Gamer? Step inside...

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

rainbird rich

Re: Official feedback for ISSUE 61

Post by rainbird rich » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:22 am

I should take this opportunity to apologise for a spelling mistake in my article in this months issue of RG about 'The Electronic Pencil Company' (aka EPC).

Somehow an extra 'a' got added into Ben Notarianni's surname (which was incorrectly spelt Notaraianni throughout the article). In my defence I should point out that not only did I not spot it when the article was being written, but neither did Ben when he read a 98% finished draft! ;-)

There were a few anecdotes that I didn't include (and Darran would have probably asked me to remove them anyway!) involving water bombs, a certain EPC member thinking his car was stolen, only to remember months later that he parked it a few streets away, and an amusing little story about being in a lift with Paul McCartney! ;-)
Richard H.
http://www.birdsanctuary.co.uk
Memories of Telecomsoft

fozmcfc

Post by fozmcfc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:54 pm

I have to say this is my favourite issue for a while.

Not you guys fault, but in Issue 60, I wasn't interested in a lot of the subjects being covered and with a lot of articles I started to read, but then just skimmed over, cause I just wasn't interested in the subject being discussed.

In complete contrast this issue has so much to read, I'm struggling to finish it in time for the next issue.

Great high quality cover just puts the icing on the cake and if Issue 62 is only half as good, it will still be a great read.

Duddyroar

Post by Duddyroar » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:20 am

rolan wrote:Have you done a retroinspection on the 32x yet? its the only sega hardware i dont have and i suspect quite a few people are missing it as it still seems to go for about £50 on ebay whenever i check..
Pester Daz about it. It COULD happen. ;)

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:51 am

rolan wrote:a good solid issue, not interested in some of the articles but I'll read them at some stage, but loved the mega cd bit in particurlar. Have you done a retroinspection on the 32x yet? its the only sega hardware i dont have and i suspect quite a few people are missing it as it still seems to go for about £50 on ebay whenever i check..
I started a thread on it,hopefully it will feature soon

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 am

*runs in late-

Sorry guys only received my issue today*ordered online*.The mega cd+iphone games articles was interesting.Thanks to stuart for submitting my question in the readers questions to john hare
Last edited by Fred83 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordon Bennett

Post by Gordon Bennett » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:11 am

kelp7 wrote:
Titan wrote:Anyone notice the rather humorous thing that was accidentally left on Page 88?
"text box isn't level with the others" :P
Heh, i remember an issue of Amiga Format where someone had left the title of a news article or a review of some software or something as a box with the words "Type some sh1t in here" hehe, that was excellent
Yes, I remember that one. It was in the coverdisc instructions for a piece of children's software. The next issue they printed a new caption to cut out and paste over it. I think it said "getting to grips with Paint Pot" or something like that.

I also remember seeing "No I'm just depressed" in absolutely massive letters completely out of place in either Amiga Format or Amiga Power once.

As for the issue - another good one. I particularly enjoyed the Mega CD article and game highlights. I tend to enjoy unusual games and unpopular platforms, and it's always nice to see some of them get the attention I think they deserve.

TMR

Post by TMR » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:29 am

Gordon Bennett wrote:I also remember seeing "No I'm just depressed" in absolutely massive letters completely out of place in either Amiga Format or Amiga Power once.
On a slight tangent, there was an issue of (if memory serves) PC Format where a contributor provided copies of part of his hard drive for the cover CD; whoever did the copying went a little overboard and took a few folders that weren't meant to be taken, so if readers looked around they found copies of some personal emails belonging to the contributor... and when i say personal, i mean very personal! =-)

Jeremiah Jones

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:49 am

Lol, we just now got issue 61 in stores here in the States.
...a full week after I'd received issue 62 in the mail :lol:

NorthWay

Post by NorthWay » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Front: Good idea, but a bit too zoomed in. And what was that about the paper quality??? Please on't make the front page smaller than the rest of the mag!
2-3: There is a fine line between infomercials and editorials. This one just felt wrong to me.
Pac-Man: Surprisingly good!
DID: Ace. Does he use the youth fountain for his tap water?
EPC: Delightfully leftfield.
Jon Hare: A lot of common ground, but still very good.
RR: I scratch my head over how you "dare" review GW which is totally unofficial and ripoffs. If I was Nintendo I'd be mightily pissed at you.